Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 02/10/2018 in all areas

  1. Hello everyone, We hope you enjoy the new website and the new look and feel of the forums as much as we enjoyed building it. The site may have a few layout bugs and if you find anything that does not look right, please feel free to send me a forums private message and we will get it fixed. We still have much to do and we thank you for your patience in waiting for the maintenance and updates to be completed! Thank you from all of us at Oliver Travel Trailers!
    7 points
  2. 3 points
  3. John - If you ( or anyone else for that matter) will PM me with your email address I will email you a listing of a number of spots in both Colorado and Wyoming. I have prepared this as a "Word" document and it includes GPS coordinates, camping spots, some places where you could get water, do laundry, visit old mining camps, boondocking spots etc. I'm not attaching it on the Forum because I'd prefer only actual Oliver owners have this information. Bill
    3 points
  4. I had to find a storage spot for the table legs. The previous owner placed them on the floor and that didn’t work for me. The first thought was standing up in the closet, but I needed a way to control them. I thought of different options to attach them to the wall. When I came up with this solution it dawned on me that under the table seemed an excellent use of some unused space. The PVC blocks are taped on with 3M VHB squares and the clips are screwed to the PVC blocks. Road trip in 3 weeks will verify my solution. Mike
    2 points
  5. Today, something popped up in my feed about this wonderful 40s camping car/motorhome/demo bus. I'd love to see it in person. And, gee, jealous of her coat, too.... https://www.hemmings.com/blog/index.php/2014/09/12/this-officer-is-not-a-truck-it-is-a-housecar-the-incomplete-history-of-the-brooks-stevens-motorhomes/
    2 points
  6. Greetings For those attending the 2018 Oliver Travel Trailer Owners Rally, we have added another vendor. Lippert Industries, manufacturer of Furion products, will be attending the rally. Should you want to discuss your needs with the factory rep, he will be available Friday morning only. He will be at the smaller pavilion near the water, inside the campground. He will have samples, literature, catalogs and product information. If you have a need to discuss with him, please visit the pavilion before noon I hope to see many Oliver Owners at Lake Guntersville State Park in Guntersville the first weekend in May 2018. Please travel safely wherever you may be Coy Gayle Rally chairman
    2 points
  7. Was in CVS pharmacy(?) store and found a rolled up tube of white board. It is 17 1/2" X 23 1/2". It is self adhesive. I would be afraid of writing off the edge, but should be able to turn sideways to go to the edge of the cabinet door. It was $9.99 a sheet. Two other interesting items they had was white board duct tape. Not sure where I might be tempted to use that. They also had it in black..a caulk board if you will. We settled on a stick on whiteboard calendar, that was magnetic. Staples has white board wrapping paper for $3.99 that you can stick on with scotch tape?
    2 points
  8. Welcome and congratulations!!!! Wishing you many safe and awesome travels!!
    1 point
  9. Hi Canoe12, please try the edit function now. It should show up now. Could you show a picture of your screen so I can see what it looks like? Thanks!
    1 point
  10. The other lady does rather well, being one legged and in a high heel.
    1 point
  11. "Looks like she has very warm shoulders." Yes, but a bit furry for my taste.
    1 point
  12. Looks like she has very warm shoulders.
    1 point
  13. WOW! Number 305. Just think of all the places it will go. Have fun but be safe. And, congradulations! Bill
    1 point
  14. An email has been sent to all those that have requested the Colorado/Wyoming info. If for some reason you do not receive it - just PM me. Again, anyone who would like this information - just PM me with your email address and I will get it right out to you. Bill
    1 point
  15. Looks great! See you out on the road... Mike
    1 point
  16. That’s a classic rig. Hiking shoes have come a long way too!
    1 point
  17. Wishing you miles of smiles, and great adventures. Nice rig, and love your choices. Sherry
    1 point
  18. Oh, and I have an interior light in my fridge, too! I know for many people, this is probably not a big deal, but I don't see well in the dark, and don't love using a flashlight to find my food... The door swing is opposite the old dometic, and previous norcold, but it is a true 180, so makes no difference to me. I'll put a cabinet bumper on the one screw of the furnace that might cause an issue with the door fully opened. Tomorrow, I'm going to stuff the freezer, and see what I can get in there, compared to the dometic. And try to simulate normal camping supplies in the fridge, with all the shelves in place.
    1 point
  19. It looks great. Thanks for all your work!
    1 point
  20. So, it's been a week, with other more pressing projects, and houseguests, too, but Paul finished the install of my new tf130. I'm so happy. We plugged it in at 2:26 pm today, with batteries on 100 percent. Set the fridge to coldest setting, and closed the door. Checked it every half hour on the monitor for power consumption. Running on solar only, in the shade. Went to dinner at five. Averaging 3.5 to 4.1 amps consumption. At 8, I opened the fridge and checked the temp with my kitchen digital thermometer. 36 degrees on center shelf. Battery is at 12.4 volts, 93 per cent. Sundown was awhile ago, and in the shade, we weren't gaining more than .7 amps at best, from 2 to 4 pm. .3 gain against draw when we left. I'm so very happy with the performance so far. It was in the high 70 s today. Supposed to be 80, but I don't think we got there. Planning to run and use the fridge on solar only in the shaded side yard for awhile, to see what we can expect when camping. I'm also very happy to have the fridge off the floor by another seven inches, and a big drawer, six high, underneath. We did use some recycled styrofoam panels as extra insulation on the sides. The fridge is so quiet, I have to put my ear next to it to hear the low humidity of the fan. Now, on to the microwave cabinet replacement, and back to boat projects... simultaneously... Wish us luck. Sherry
    1 point
  21. I took a new look at the freezer today. Though it's little at the front, it runs the entire depth of the fridge, which is, I think, deeper than my old dometic 3way. I think it will be more than fine, for us. Look forward to actually getting it into service. Sherry
    1 point
  22. In the photo above, the new fridge is just sitting in the old cavity. Looks tiny, huh? I thought so, too, though a slightly larger capacity than the old Dometic. No more gas! This should run quietly and free, on our pv panels. As you know by now, I'm all about running my trailer (and our home) on solar, as much as we can. We went to Ikea on Sunday, and bought a drawer kit, to go with an old leftover drawer front for beneath the fridge. Also bought a drawer face for the old microwave cavity. I think the gloss white will look great with the Oliver white interior. We have 90 days to return, if not.... We'll see. Sherry
    1 point
  23. So, as I mentioned on another thread, we decided to order a truckfridge tf130. Indel made, virtually identical to the Isotherm cr130. It only comes in black. That's ok with me. I like that. Last two fridges were black, and I'm used to it. It arrived a few days ago. Plugged into 110 in the garage, it's super quiet, just a whisper of fan noise. (Built in fan behind the compressor). On high, it registered 36 on my electronic thermometer in the fridge. obviously, I will turn it down.... We have some adjustments to make, as the new fridge is much smaller outside than the old, but a little bit better interior capacity. We have a number of projects going on right now ???? beyond the trailer. But, I'll try to keep you posted. Beyond the dinky freezer, I love the new truckfridge. My fave compressor, Indel made, two year warranty. And,an interior light! On our installation, the fridge will be off the floor by five or six inches. I love that, too Working on the drawer beneath the raised fridge. Really happy if that works out. Sherry
    1 point
  24. I just noticed a new Tech Bulletin about the $100 repair (upgrade) for the Anderson hitch. Almost like Mission Impossible, we disavow any knowledge or responsibility for any events, and etc....
    1 point
  25. Where’s Ollie? Ollie went on a trailer caravan trip to Olympic National Park with his cousin Casita! This was a long trip, two weeks. I now define a trip as a long trip if you need to plan a laundromat stop in your itinerary. My sister and her husband live near Bend, OR, and they have a Casita. We met up in Yakima, WA, where we spent a day wine tasting before heading to Coupeville on Whidby Island, where we driveway camped at my other sister’s college roommate's home. I sense that there are a lot of automotive aficionados on this forum. Our hosts are fans of Packard cars, and they have a number of old Packards that they have restored. Ollie and Casita then rode the ferry across Puget Sound to begin their adventure on the Olympic Peninsula. Ollie had to pay the 40-to-50 foot fee for the ferry, while economical Casita got away with the under-40-foot fee. Size does matter! Olympic National Park is truly spectacular! Mountains, rivers, waterfalls, lakes, oceans, rivers, and rain forests! We camped at Lake Crescent, Neah Bay, Hoh Rainforest, Kalaloch Beach, and Lake Quinault. Two nights camping at each location, mostly in National Park campgrounds without hookups. These are rain forests, with a lot of downed trees, and I enjoyed photographing the fungi. I even got black slugs lounging on mushrooms. We ate very well. We bought fresh salmon and black cod from a fisher on the dock at Neah Bay. Susan acceded to my wishes and we tried our authentic Paella recipe on our camp stove. Really delicious! Neah Bay was particularly enjoyable. The Makah tribe has an amazing museum there. The hike out to Cape Flattery is definitely worth doing. Cape Flattery is the northwest-most point in the continental US. It was fun travelling with others, and we each learned a lot from each other’s camping tools and tricks. I think Amazon is going to be busy with deliveries to my sister’s house… We had one major plumbing problem, which I will post in an appropriate thread. I have some questions which I will post later, and I already posted my trick for Cellular Boosters. I will end with some sunset photos: Happy Trails, David
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • carpenter earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • karitommypaddock earned a badge
      One Year In
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      First Post
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Sentry62 earned a badge
      First Post
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Scott and Nancy earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Skynyrd earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Dean and Mary went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Sentry62 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Vish earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Dean and Mary earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • dkeen earned a badge
      One Year In
    • FirstApex went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Pat Radack went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • ccevans6 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • Boudicca908 went up a rank
      Veteran
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information