Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/06/2026 in all areas

  1. Bandit’s Roost COE Wilkesboro NC, we like the lake and mountain drives, too.
    5 points
  2. This morning I hit the road east-bound... it's a sad day as I turn around after many weeks of joy in my Oliver. I'm looking forward to seeing many fellow Oliver owners in Alabama. Bon voyage to all who are Rally-bound! as seen on my way to dinner with family last night in Colorado....
    5 points
  3. I used Eley Hose quick disconnects. I have used Eley products for around 15 years. They are superb products although expensive. I used the hose leader as shown above to hook to the RV Hose bib. Then the other side is the Female Quick disconnect. I have 3 different hoses of differing lengths with the quick disconnect fittings on them. I have a 2 stage filter with dial pressure regulator and eley shutoff valve and Eley quick disconnects. Finally the city water, Fresh water, and boondock fill all have the Male disconnects on them. I removed the screw in stoppers and connected 1" rubber Chair leg Caps to the chains to seal the male quick disconnects. With all of the disconnects I am able to connect everything up in just a couple of minutes. I do have to lean over for about 10 seconds, but that's it. Sorry for the upside down picture. Just an Eley plug. We have 2 acres, and we bought 2 Eley hose reels with one with 175 ft hose and the other 200 ft. (My wife does want automatic sprinklers) I went through several $150 reels lasting a couple of years each before failing before finding Eley. All of my hoses have Eley shutoffs and sprinkler accessories all have Eley quick disconnects. Everything Eley is 5/8" inside diameter all the way through and my hose bibs are 3/4" with 1' pipe feed from the well. I have never had a problem with any Eley products. In the long run, I have saved money on not replacing hoses and reels on a regular basis.
    4 points
  4. We used a camp in teardrop trailer for 6 years. A casita trailer for 11 years and a imagine grand design for one year and now we're looking to get away from the imagine and purchase an Oliver
    3 points
  5. Letchworth Valley Campground, NY
    3 points
  6. I purchased Eley per Patriot's recommendation about 18 months ago. They work great but the internal rubber O-rings stretch and go bad quickly (buy extras). I spent $270 with Eley (plus another $50 on the splitter, extensions and caps). We bring Camco 25' and 10' hoses ($60). The 10' hose is usually all we need at a campsite, both hoses together allows us to pump water from TV to TT when hitched. We must use rigid hoses vs. all those shrinkable kinds, since a rigid hose is required to suction water through the boondocking port. This is everything we need for camping, and yeah that's a lot of money, wow $380 total. I did not put Eley connections on the black tank rinse hose where we use a different hose. I also like these 6" extensions. They are likely the only part that is not good brass. You can find a stainless version. We don't worry since we don't drink from our tanks and lead in water affects children, not seniors. https://www.amazon.com/LIULO-TOOL-Hose-Protector-Extension/dp/B0FS1DM918/ The 6" extensions keep me from craning my neck under the hull and the fourth one connected to the splitter connects to the home or campground hose bib. You need a splitter to release pressure in the hose otherwise the Eley fittings will not easily disconnect. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CSFP66NW/ I've gotten tired of the hose seals provided with most parts and these are more solid (rubber not silicone). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PG4BHHG/ These parts being so expensive, I could not see buying extras to cap off the Fresh, City and Boondocking ports. I just use 1" furniture leg caps. I had found white ones and they were discontinued. Now I use these simple black ones. They stay on nicely and if you loose one the 20-pack is cheap. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08KVSWXD2/
    3 points
  7. 3 points
  8. The Oliver Travel Trailer for Sale Facebook page is actually where I found and purchased my used 2022 Oliver Elite II. I really like the idea JD mentioned about having a dedicated used‑parts section. The Oliver Facebook page doesn’t allow used parts to be listed, and while Oliver parts can be posted on Facebook Marketplace, having a specific section or page just for Oliver accessories/parts would be a great addition. I have, for sale, the solid aluminum front basket you are looking for JD, but I am not interested in shipping it. I also have a working Xantrex 3,000 inverter, a Seabiscuit rear storage rack etc.... If only there was a place to list the used accessories.
    3 points
  9. No problem - go it moved. All is now back to being "right" with the world. Bill
    2 points
  10. THAT explains it - no wonder you're interested in an Oliver! If there is anything that we can do to help - just yell. Bill
    2 points
  11. Updating the original crack situation: We did end up taking the trailer back to TN for repair of the fiberglass under warranty.
    2 points
  12. I have been lucky, I have only had to place one O'ring over the years. I use Eley silicone grease on the Male fitting O'ring at the beginning of each season. I like the Tee on the 6" extension coming from the RV hose bib. Great when you need water for another need.
    2 points
  13. A couple folks had asked about the stops we made for Alaska 2023. Here's an updated map with the list of stops spelled out on the map. We share the number of days we stayed at each stop in parenthesis each way (Outbound, Return) Red stops are the ones we made down the Casiiar HWY as our return route. We had a couple of Alaska Commercial RV parks we wouldn't suggest staying at: 1) Trapper Creek AK - Don't bother with the mudpit called Trapper Creek RV park, there are free sites or State parks all around that are much better. We were simply looking for a dump and that was the suggestion from RV apps. 2) Northern Nights in Glenallen AK....is now under new ownership...and it's chaos there. There are other State and National Parks near there which are much better. If you have specific questions DM me on the forum. Craig - Hull 505 - Galway Girl
    2 points
  14. We have camped in every state, but not Hawaii
    1 point
  15. We have a 2022 and the same situation with the carriage bolt holes. One was so large the bolt would turn in the hole and was never fully tightened to spec at the factory. Had that bracket replaced at the factory under warranty.
    1 point
  16. I believe I know what @Sweis is asking but it's confusing since this is a thread regarding fiberglass cracks. (Bill, move to barker thread?) Barker makes the weld of the steel plate to the steel jack casing (center of pic). It does not appear to be as strong as the standard jacks like our front jack, but they engineered and welded it, so it should hold 3000#. I use them all the time to lift the wheels for all maintenance needs. The older hulls had aluminum mounts. This two-piece mount was a poor design and I replaced ours after it failed with a one-piece steel bracket, like OTT uses today. I have not read of the Barker weld failing.
    1 point
  17. It's likely climate. Those into "old cars" know that you want to buy something from the SW since they are mostly rust free. But if you need good plastic or rubber parts, you won't find them on the same car. You're in Oregon and we're in Arizona and that's the difference. I've changed the O-ring in every connector within one year of use. I purchased the dozen extra, so no big deal. When out I'll go to our local HW store for these O-rings so not to incur shipping costs for another Eley order. I also found that Eley is not good about answering emails (or web form inquiries) but their products are very good. I use the Tee most often to relieve pressure in the hose line to disconnect. Or to rinse my hands and splash water in my face which is near impossible in the Oliver bathroom sink! Or as you wrote "for another need" it is convenient.
    1 point
  18. Be careful out there on the way back to the "Mothership". See you soon. Bill
    1 point
  19. Not sure what a screen way up inside the pipe accomplishes. There's already a valve to keep critters from reaching the tank. A screen right at the outlet would make more sense, to keep wasps, etc. out of the tube.
    1 point
  20. Saw someone headed up to curt gowdy state park this evening. Hope your trip is going well. Im down the road a piece on a friend's land.
    1 point
  21. Reminds me of the pictures you get after a colonoscopy. Bill
    1 point
  22. For those owners that want to follow this story, please do so at https://www.facebook.com/groups/OllieOwners/permalink/2252240891847686/ I don't want to see this thread turn into "War and Peace" like the Alcan one did.
    1 point
  23. Your wish is my command 😉 After this morning’s walk on the beach it’s a little hot. So, sitting inside with the Ac running…
    1 point
  24. Krunch and I stayed at Cottonwood CG and also had bison strolling through our campsite and horses were also in the campground. But the highlight for us was the hot air balloons that woke us up early one morning. Although we didn’t stay at Juniper CG, we did drive up to visit and we thought that it is the nicer of the 2 campgrounds and had more vacancies. There was a little less to do in the north unit and it seemed smaller that the south unit. Do both if you have the opportunity!
    1 point
  25. Do not rule out National Parks. We have stayed at some that did not have site water or electric. You can (try to) make site reservations ahead of time, or some 'may' hold some sites for daily 'FCFS' (first come first serve), but with all FCFS, get there early, as they go fast. For example in ND, camping at Theodore Roosevelt National Parks, Juniper (North Unit) CG & Cottonwood (South Unit) CG. Both campgrounds are primitive (no hookups, no showers). However as compensation they do have Bison (i.e. Buffalo) wandering thru the CG. I can only speak for the North Unit (and I believe @Mike and Carol have stayed there). The South Unit has Medora, (a real treat for kids & some adults) and the 'Musical'. Lots of hiking & portions of the Maah Daah Hey Mountain (SERIOUS) Bike Trail. B~Out
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • Scott and Nancy earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Skynyrd earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Dean and Mary went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Sentry62 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Vish earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Dean and Mary earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • dkeen earned a badge
      One Year In
    • FirstApex went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Pat Radack went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • ccevans6 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • Boudicca908 went up a rank
      Veteran
    • StayCalmJourneyOn earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • StayCalmJourneyOn earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • ccevans6 earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information