-
Posts
7,789 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
467
Everything posted by topgun2
-
Boudicca908 Don't forget - registering for the Rally is a two set process. First - call the camp ground and get a site. Second - Register for the rally itself with Oliver. Look forward to seeing you there! Bill
-
Do I foresee a delayed Valentine's Day happening here? Welcome! Bill
-
In almost all situations that I can think of - your black tank valve should be left in the closed position until you decide to drain it. This would include flushing with the flush port. The theory here is that the more water (liquids actually) in the tank provides inertia for any solids thus helping them move along down the pipe inside the Oliver and through the "stinky slinky". The only possible exception to this is after I have filled the black tank a couple of times via the flush port, I will leave the tank valve open and let it flush for a minute of two. I believe that this helps get any "final" little stuff off the walls and bottom of the tank. Bill
-
If you have enough of the cocktail prior to the pie then what does it matter?🤩
-
The forecast for the next couple of weeks (after this week) is for the area to get back nearer to historic averages for this time of year - it has been near record highs for the past 10 days or so. This means that daily highs should be in the upper 40's to low 50's. However, it is best to keep a close eye on the weather as you get near your planned delivery date for the obvious reasons. Good luck! Bill p.s. Coach and Jojo should not have difficulty testing the air conditioner at delivery today.😃
-
Sean is a very interesting fellow from both education and experience perspectives.
-
High temp forecast for Hohenwald for tomorrow (Dec. 27, 2021) is 71 degrees! Are we having fun yet?
-
Slick how he even made the receiver hitch so that it would accept the bulldog - nicely done! Bill
-
Me too! I was about 13 and my sister was 15 when one Christmas Eve she convinced me to learn how to dance. Let the lessons begin! In the living room, next to the aluminum Christmas tree that had a color wheel lighting it, she played that song over and over and ....... until I learned. Same thing the next day too. For a long time I really didn't like White Christmas and/or the Drifters. I'd had enough! But, then I found out that girls liked boys who could dance!😇 Thanks for reminding me - it really brought a smile to my face with a great memory. Bill
-
I assume that the pierogis are filled with mashed potatoes? Nicely done no matter! Like a bunch of "Bills" cherry pie is one of my favorites but I'm not so sure about that "roasted red" side. Perhaps with enough wine during the main course I'd be right there with the best of them?🤩 We could not find a nice ham locally for Christmas dinner tonight - so - we bought and will have a nice beef roast instead. January is going to be painful as it is then I will be paying the price for eating too much! Bill
-
Dale C - And the same holiday wishes to you and your family. I basically tow my Elite II with the same truck except that mine is a 2017 with the 3.5 liter. Your choice to include the Andersen is a sound one. It is the only weight distribution hitch that will work with the Elite II (without extensive fiberglass work). Also, to be "legal" and within Ford's warranty, you must use a weight distribution hitch (WDH) when the tongue weight is at or above 500 pounds. Except for very rare cases virtually all Elite II's are above the tongue weight. When you have time before delivery, be sure to watch any number of videos about the Andersen WDH. They will help you understand how it works and give you a number of tips/tricks on how to use it without excessive frustration. Bill
-
2022 Toyota Tundra - Sept 19th official video release
topgun2 replied to Patriot's topic in General Discussion
Now THAT will be a great way to start the New Year! Good luck! Bill -
Dale C - Those "final stages of purchasing a 2022 Oliver" sure must be an exciting way to spend the holidays!🥰 Besides any replies you get here, you might want to ask Jason Essary (Service Department Manager) this question just in case they have worked with someone in your area. For most of the systems in the Oliver (fridge, furnace, exhaust fans, air conditioner, wheel bearings and brakes, etc. ) they are just about the same as in many other RV's. Also, if there are any good marine/boat places near you they could possibly help with anything related to the shells. Solar is getting more popular and wide spread but in many parts of the country good solid knowledge if still lacking. However, the Oliver solar system is well tested and reasonably robust - there have been few issues along those lines over the years that couldn't be resolved via a phone call. Good luck and with your new Ollie I'm certain that it will be a very happy New Year! Bill
-
Well, at least there are four of us!😊
-
Other than being VERY quiet up here in the mountains of western North Carolina it hardly seems like Christmas at all with temperatures in the low to mid 60's. Of course, I'll still take that versus Idaho snow. I'll bet that the rideandfly pic and the seadawg pic were taken within 40 miles of each other. For those traveling - please be safe and warm out there. For those at the Mothership - thanks for all you do in making most of us very happy campers. AND, for everyone - MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS. Bill
-
And, there are such things as "wag bags" and "blue boys" that can be used to greatly extend stays.
-
My point in bringing this topic to light was to warn anyone that is thinking about getting a gas powered generator to think twice before buying. Certainly a dual fuel would make more sense even if it was only to protect oneself from laws such as this. Bill
-
Those connections "look" tight. It would be helpful to know if a single run was made from there to the antenna itself. And, exactly how/where is the other end of the coax connected to the antenna. Good luck Bill p.s. there's been nothing much to watch on TV anyway since Army lost to Navy this year 😭
-
I just watched the video below in which the Wayward Waggs discuss a recent California Sate law which bans the sale of small gas powered generators and phases out the use of these over the next few years. https://youtu.be/pY3PR1bDHoU Bill
-
With regards to the comments about a "Bed Rug". All my trucks have had spray in beds. But, when wet even these are a bit slippery. So, I added a rubber mat. That helped but with my last truck I added a Bed Rug (LIKE THIS). It is really great and easy to clean. Note: if you get one of these, be sure to also get the "rug" for the tailgate. Bill
-
Make sure that you have an appointment well in advance (like right now) for the dates you have in mind. Service is always VERY busy right before and after the annual Owner's Rally. Bill
-
Some owners REALLY like to boondock!
-
I've had two of THESE tonneau covers - I don't really need the extra "tall" storage but I do need to carry a motorcycle in the bed. This cover is one of the only ones that can be folded right up to the rear window allowing full use of the bed. While not perfect, they do keep things more than reasonably dry, are easy to fold, are fairly hard to break in to, and keep things out of sight. I'd buy a third when the time comes. Good luck! Bill
-
WOW! What a Christmas present. And, at this point the weather forecast doesn't look too bad. In fact, temps should be a number of degrees above normal. Sure do hope that forecast holds true for you guys. Bill
