Side Navigation Bar has vanished

I can't say I miss it much - it really is too obtrusive when I use my phone -  but it might be an indicator of other problems.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Like John, I prefer it without.  It takes up way too much real estate on a small screen.

On a related note, it seems to me that the forum reverted back to it's old self a number of weeks ago.  It had gotten pretty snappy there for a while but then one day it began taking forever to load again.  I noticed also that the time stamps on the posts don't always update like they should - pretty much back to the old behavior.

Corrected the issue. There was an update that messed the bar up. This is now corrected! Bar is back!

Not for me. Is there a way to let the viewer choose whether or not to have the bar there?

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Administrators

Corrected the issue. There was an update that messed the bar up. This is now corrected! Bar is back!

Not for me. Is there a way to let the viewer choose whether or not to have the bar there? John Davies Spokane WA

Hi John, right now there is no way to have the bar display per user. It can only be enabled/disabled globally, this can also break down further per device/screen size.

Is this not working for anyone else? I cannot reproduce it not working on my desktop or on my phone. Working for me on both.

Thanks,

- Jason

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

It is gone on my Amazon Fire. We do use it, but could live without it. What is the reason for logging in or out? Log out, go back a screen and it shows you are logged in. Log out and at the bottom it shows your 'icon' as being logged in??

• Thanks 1

It's on here :)

• Thanks 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

It's back for me now, IOS. It was gone last night.....

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
It is gone on my Amazon Fire. We do use it, but could live without it. What is the reason for logging in or out? Log out, go back a screen and it shows you are logged in. Log out and at the bottom it shows your ‘icon’ as being logged in??

If you go back a screen it is using the Cache of your previous logged in session and not a full re-load of the site. If you go back a screen and then refresh that page it should show you logged out.

The reason you still show logged in is because of your previous session.

• 2 months later...

Yep - mine has been gone for a while again. “Here today, gone tomorrow”, like a wayward teenager..... iOS on various devices.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Moderator+

Jason I see the sidebar at the very bottom of the page.  That's not a bad place for it if you know where to look. It does not take up any real estate down there. We could rename it the bottom bar.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Administrators
Jason I see the sidebar at the very bottom of the page. That’s not a bad place for it if you know where to look. It does not take up any real estate down there. We could rename it the bottom bar.

That is odd for it to be at the bottom. I am going to look into the problem more. An update has caused some conflicts with just the side menu.

Thanks for letting us know Scuba!

• Moderators

Way at the bottom on my Android turbo .

So far at the bottom that I would never look that far. Honestly.

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Happy to report, I'm home, have WiFi,

And, I have my sidebar back.

Thanks

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...