Not sure this is the correct forum for this, but here goes:

We are ordering the Lithium Solar package on our 2021 Elite II.  I see, by watching videos, that the battery compartment is lockable.  Is it keyed the same as the basement?

In addition, are these locks the standard RV exterior compartment locks that every RV owner probably has on their keyring?  Or does Oliver install uniquely keyed locks?  (I'm concerned about the security of the $$$K batteries).  If "common keyed" what locks are compatible?  And is this something we could have Oliver Service do at delivery?  

I know, why pay someone else to do something we could easily do . . . . . . I guess because it's easy and contributes to the local economy 😀

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin on order

2013 F350 3.2l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCACOGAHIIDILKSLAMSMONENVNMOKORSCTNTX

• Moderators

I'm not positive regarding any changes that have been made to the latest models and certainly not any changes for the fancy lithium stuff.  But, I'm guessing that there have been no changes to the locks/closures for these models.  To specifically answer your first question - Oliver has never used the kind of locks that are typical on most RV's.  Indeed, the Oliver closing latches are actually from the marine industry and are of a better quality.  Having said this though, the locks on these latches are fairly standard as are the keys.  I'm not sure just how many different ones are in existence but I'd bet that there simply aren't many.  Yes, better than standard RV's but not what I'd call a great difference.

If I was worried about my batteries I would make a call to your Sales rep and ask what options are available.  Since the lock is part of the latch I doubt that this will be an easy fix for you.  However, an additional lock of some sort might make sense given the issues involved.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

If you are worried about someone stealing your batteries you could padlock the sliding rack that they are mounted on.  Unless you plan on storing it in a publicly accessible storage with no security I wouldn’t be too concerned.  Most folks don’t even know where the batteries are stored on the Oliver or that they have more than the normal 1 or 2.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Mike and Carol | Fair Oaks Ranch, TX | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram Rebel 4X4 5.7L Hemi

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpg

1 minute ago, Mike and Carol said:

If you are worried about someone stealing your batteries you could padlock the sliding rack that they are mounted on.  Unless you plan on storing it in a publicly accessible storage with no security I wouldn’t be too concerned.  Most folks don’t even know where the batteries are stored on the Oliver or that they have more than the normal 1 or 2.  Mike

Thanks for the encouraging words.

When not in use the Oliver will be stored on our property on a private road without public access.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin on order

• Moderators
Just now, Susan Huff said:

Thanks for the encouraging words.

When not in use the Oliver will be stored on our property on a private road without public access.

Just don’t put a “Lithium Powered” sticker on the side of your trailer and you’ll be fine.

Mike and Carol | Fair Oaks Ranch, TX | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram Rebel 4X4 5.7L Hemi

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpg

37 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

I'm not positive regarding any changes that have been made to the latest models and certainly not any changes for the fancy lithium stuff.  But, I'm guessing that there have been no changes to the locks/closures for these models.  To specifically answer your first question - Oliver has never used the kind of locks that are typical on most RV's.  Indeed, the Oliver closing latches are actually from the marine industry and are of a better quality.  Having said this though, the locks on these latches are fairly standard as are the keys.  I'm not sure just how many different ones are in existence but I'd bet that there simply aren't many.  Yes, better than standard RV's but not what I'd call a great difference.

If I was worried about my batteries I would make a call to your Sales rep and ask what options are available.  Since the lock is part of the latch I doubt that this will be an easy fix for you.  However, an additional lock of some sort might make sense given the issues involved.

Bill

I feel better now 😏

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin on order