Closet shelving and drinking glass holder

chiwald

Good afternoon,

I wanted to post some pictures of my closet renovation (thanks to coach and jojo.) I have been getting our Ollie ready for a big trip out West this July. Going to the Rally was awesome and really gave us some great ideas! Matt and I loved meeting all of you. the drinking glass holder is going in the left overhead cabinet above the table. 

PXL_20230607_194016140.jpg

PXL_20230606_161659467.jpg

PXL_20230606_161654765.jpg

PXL_20230607_210232419.jpg

PXL_20230607_194352023.jpg

PXL_20230607_194211909.jpg

PXL_20230607_194201059.jpg

PXL_20230607_194150728.jpg

PXL_20230607_194020140.jpg

PXL_20230607_210235250.jpg

PXL_20230607_194217528.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Explore, Dream, Discover

Christi, Matt & Lucy

2022 Legacy Elite II, TB

Hull # 1261

2019 F150 Limited

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Wow! Great installation. Hats (or baseball caps😄) off to you!

Looking forward to a photo of the drinking glass holder install, as well. 

Have fun on your trip, and, please, watch the fire/smoke maps, en route.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Here are a couple of pics of the glasses organizer. I would have likedPXL_20230611_211817766.thumb.jpg.a1e5ff2534ce7c4690763dd6c2c25f16.jpg the tall ones in the back but with the slope they wouldn't fit. It will still work great and stay put during travel. Matt thinks it takes up too much space but with the closet reno, now we have plenty! 😀

PXL_20230611_211441881.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Explore, Dream, Discover

Christi, Matt & Lucy

2022 Legacy Elite II, TB

Hull # 1261

2019 F150 Limited

Really nice work on the glass organizer.
We opt to roll with the space saver solo disposable red cups mainly with cabinet space being a premium.  They stack easy, less dishwashing, light weight and no glass breakage. Our last night at LGSP Oliver Rally we grilled and had a fun meal with 9 or 10 friends. The solo cups worked great for our guests. Just another option. 😊

Patriot🇺🇸

IMG_2488.jpeg.2ff77858ba229fdf99019ab68f3b9c99.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

That is all very organized, I am pretty anal and it appeals to me.

Where do you hang all your coats and outerwear ? My closet is pretty much packed with them, as well as sweatshirts, vests, etc. mostly my wife’s… ;(. If we had to keep all the dishes back there, we would never be able to access them.

We mostly drink out of sport bottles with filtered water, and nesting plastic (non disposable) cups.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I too am in the "disposable" crowd - but - I prefer paper over plastic.  

Paper is somewhat kinder on the environment, but the real reason is that in order to reduce the amount of "garbage" I have to get rid of, I can always simply burn it.  Obviously, this is not a problem for those that tend to camp where there are the appropriate facilities for disposing of garbage, but, where I tend to camp, it can be a bit of a problem getting rid of waste. 

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

9 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

I too am in the "disposable" crowd - but - I prefer paper over plastic.  

Paper is somewhat kinder on the environment, but the real reason is that in order to reduce the amount of "garbage" I have to get rid of, I can always simply burn it.  Obviously, this is not a problem for those that tend to camp where there are the appropriate facilities for disposing of garbage, but, where I tend to camp, it can be a bit of a problem getting rid of waste. 

Bill

We always try to recycle the red cups along with any empty 1 gallon water bottles when possible. Burning any trash is something we just try to avoid. Our thoughts are simply: If we pack it in, we pack it out. Paper cups are a good option! 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 4

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
Just now, Patriot said:

Burning any trash is something we reeeally try to avoid

Of course I didn't mean that I actually burn "garbage" - I only burn the paper stuff.  But, this really does greatly reduce the overall amount of "stuff", "refuse", "garbage", etc. that I need to get rid of while on the road.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

6 hours ago, John E Davies said:

That is all very organized, I am pretty anal and it appeals to me.

Where do you hang all your coats and outerwear ? My closet is pretty much packed with them, as well as sweatshirts, vests, etc. mostly my wife’s… ;(. If we had to keep all the dishes back there, we would never be able to access them.

We mostly drink out of sport bottles with filtered water, and nesting plastic (non disposable) cups.

John Davies

Spokane WA

No dishes are in the closet, our hanging stuff is in there like jackets and such, we don't hang a lot. I was able to reorganize all the kitchen area after the closet reno and we did free up more space in the kitchen. I will use disposable cups but don't really like to.

• Like 1

Explore, Dream, Discover

Christi, Matt & Lucy

2022 Legacy Elite II, TB

Hull # 1261

2019 F150 Limited

• Moderators
On 6/7/2023 at 6:33 PM, chiwald said:

the drinking glass holder is going in the left overhead cabinet above the table. 

I just went back and reread your original  post. Thanks for the clarification. That's a good spot for glasses. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I like the glass holder, but tend to agree with your Matt that it would take up a lot of space.  We travel with 4 insulated coffee mugs, 4 plastic stemless wine glasses (so we can share!) and a few stainless cocktail glassses, all of which fit in the second drawer under our sink, next to a stack of Corell plates and bowls.  We cushion the Correll with kitchen clots. Our drinking water goes into cycling water bottles, so it’s spill proof when we’re driving.

The only disposables we carry are paper towels and toilet paper.

• Like 2

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

3 hours ago, VBistro said:

I like the glass holder, but tend to agree with your Matt that it would take up a lot of space.  We travel with 4 insulated coffee mugs, 4 plastic stemless wine glasses (so we can share!) and a few stainless cocktail glassses, all of which fit in the second drawer under our sink, next to a stack of Corell plates and bowls.  We cushion the Correll with kitchen clots. Our drinking water goes into cycling water bottles, so it’s spill proof when we’re driving.

The only disposables we carry are paper towels and toilet paper.

We travel in much the same fashion.  "LIGHT" has become our mantra since transitioning from the AS to the OTT and from the RAM 3500 to our TUNDRA TV.  Even with the AS, however, our disposables were largely limited to PT/TP.  4 insulated stainless wine "glasses", 2 each insulated Black Rifle Coffee Co. coffee mugs, set of 4 Corell plates/bowels, like y'all, as well.  2 each YETI-type large insulated mugs for "road-water" whilst towing...

We pay a bit of a weight/volume premium by hauling around a Berkey Travel filter for our water - we figure its a trade off for not carrying a couple cases of water bottles from COSTCO (less garbage footprint w/o empty plastic to deal with).  But the load-out changes and is flexible depending on the "type" of camping we're planning for a given trip.  Boondocking only, combo BD & improved sites, or full hook-ups...  We (or at least I) like the trip planning process - keeps the mental juices "flowing."

• Like 2

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

limited to PT/TP.  4 insulated stainless wine "glasses", 2 each insulated Black Rifle Coffee Co. coffee mugs, set of 4 Corell plates/bowels, like y'all, as we

I see the black rifle billboards all the time in i95, but we're usually passing at 730 am. How is the coffee? (Coffee is lifeblood,  as we know.)

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators
Just now, SeaDawg said:

I see the black rifle billboards all the time in i95, but we're usually passing at 730 am. How us the coffee? (Coffee is lifeblood,  as we know.)

We have a Black Rifle coffee shop downtown in our little town of Boerne, TX.  It’s more popular than the Starbucks on the other side of the freeway and is a great place to have a cup.  The coffee is good, you can order the strength you like.  We like it.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

1 minute ago, SeaDawg said:

I see the black rifle billboards all the time in i95, but we're usually passing at 730 am. How us the coffee? (Coffee is lifeblood,  as we know.)

We've been subscribing to their monthly coffee club since early '16 - absolutely our favorite coffee company on several levels.  We like supporting veteran-owned companies, especially when we love drinking their Joe.  Our favorites are Blackbeard's Delight, Just Black, and CAF.  Their range of roasts is broad and deep.  Most folks can find a blend that suits their tastes, for sure.  Great "swag", too.  The company went public last year, I believe.  They're getting big - kinda like that they've "made it".  But you're correct, @SeaDawg; its life blood.  I'm enjoying a cup ATM!1425890256_Screenshot2023-06-13at05_42_36.thumb.png.c3e403ea3837eb1293280e81494e38af.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

spacer.png

• 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs

• Moderators
On 6/7/2023 at 6:33 PM, chiwald said:

drinking glass holder is going in the left overhead cabinet above the table

Sorry for the (fun) thread drift. 

That cabinet, in our trailer, usually holds just a box of kleenex.

Great use of your space. 

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Sorry for the (fun) thread drift. 

...ooops!  My bad!

• Haha 1

spacer.png

We haven't gone anywhere yet with the new changes but I also hadn't really used that cabinet before either, just had some plastic food containers in it. I moved the containers to a better spot so I feel like it will be a great place for the glasses. And now the cabinets and closet don't feel as cramped and no items are just shoved in to holes. Looks nice! 😉

• Like 2

Explore, Dream, Discover

Christi, Matt & Lucy

2022 Legacy Elite II, TB

Hull # 1261

2019 F150 Limited

OK, here was yesterday's project and then I think I am done!!! It still needs tweaking especially with stormy weather which we got to experience last night!

PXL_20230613_185648030.jpg

PXL_20230612_223146172.jpg

• Like 4

Explore, Dream, Discover

Christi, Matt & Lucy

2022 Legacy Elite II, TB

Hull # 1261

2019 F150 Limited

12 hours ago, chiwald said:

OK, here was yesterday's project and then I think I am done!!! It still needs tweaking especially with stormy weather which we got to experience last night!

PXL_20230613_185648030.jpg

PXL_20230612_223146172.jpg

@chiwald
Love the Flag, cool front graphics and the sun shade! I am guessing that flag is flown only when you’re parked? Have you had any issues with rain water pooling on the sun shade? You will be so glad you are keeping your Ollie out of the sun while not in use. The sun’s UV is brutal on the gelcoat. 

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 3

IMG_2879.jpeg

Yes it feels at least 10 degrees cooler under the tarp and in the Ollie. The flag is only out when parked. We just finished it so it hasn't rained yet so we will see. It needs to come forward about a foot and a half and I would like to hang another tarp off the back to shade the end. We have 4 weeks before we leave for out West but because of all the changes we are soooo ready to go!!

• Like 2

Explore, Dream, Discover

Christi, Matt & Lucy

2022 Legacy Elite II, TB

Hull # 1261

2019 F150 Limited

• 6 months later...
On 6/11/2023 at 9:00 PM, Patriot said:

We opt to roll with the space saver solo disposable red cups

We use the washable, reusable, and recyclable version of those very cups!  My dad would give each of us kiddo's one washable, reusable and recyclable red solo cup with our initials Magic Markered for us to keep track.  I actually got four camping trips out of my cup.  

🙂

GJ

• Like 1
  • Love 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg