Inexpensive Helpful Modifications

Wandering Sagebrush

This is the jack cover we use and it has served us well. It may or may not fall into the bucket of inexpensive depending on your budget.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MHYCGJN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
35 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Galley power strip, makes plugging in appliances much easier. 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P889FHQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

IMG_1129.thumb.jpeg.681ecca7951fd989fd57f4d6eec6ae7b.jpeg

I grabbed one of these when you posted it over the winter. Oddly, our Oliver installed receptacle is ass-backwards from yours, so it didn't reach the wall. I need to get in there and reverse it so I can use this handy accessory.

• Like 3

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

I believe @topgun2 recommended this mod to me early on. Just inside the door has proven to be a super handy place to hang our keys.

The shelf on top is where our mini flashlight lives. 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0154HAWHE?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

IMG_1133.thumb.jpeg.c082c6f2df1760ea58ffd999e6773a5a.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 7

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Patriot said:

Frig thermometer - there is a gaggle of them out there. This one works for us.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RN7Z2RT?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I prefer a fridge thermometer like THIS one.

Yes, it is more expensive than the one that Patriot shows but it has an alarm feature.  I find that I become accustom to the read out being there and seldom even look at it.  That being the case then I will only notice that there is something wrong either when I actually do look at the read out and/or get something out of the fridge that simply isn't as cold as it should be.  With the thermometer I use it has an alarm feature that certainly lets me know if the temp in either the fridge or the freezer is above (or below) the limits that I've set.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

Thanks for the shout out on that key/shelf, but, it was actually Overland that first posted it on the Forum a few years ago.

It really is a great shelf.

Patriot put me on to applying a sheet of clear film below this shelf/key holder such that the keys do not leave marks.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Patriot said:

A handy shelf for an iPhone or glasses. We installed two.

Where did you install these guys?

Bill

Near Asheville, NC

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Where did you install these guys?

Bill

One on each side of our twin beds just below the reading lights on the pillow end. Perfect place to store our reading glasses 👓 and I phone. 

IMG_1130.thumb.jpeg.63a3cebdd56f9258d586cb30608ca13c.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

14 hours ago, Patriot said:

A handy shelf for an iPhone or glasses...

On a similar theme I installed these shelfs on both sides. Wanted the area behind for a bolster and pillow. These are out of the way of all movement and everything you need is right in front of you. Also wanted room for a book and must have a drink or water bottle. They have worked out great! The TV remote even stays put sitting on the shelf when towing. A Bedside Convenience Shelf and Cupholder - Ollie Modifications - Oliver Owner Forums (olivertraveltrailers.com)

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

This shelf with magnet set for mounting came to about $95 total. We store it upside down in the attic (fits nicely) when watching TV and sleeping. Towing it can be on or off. Very well-made product, powder coat will not scratch easily. Amazon.com: DIY CARTEL Made in USA Linear Floating Shelf - USA Manufactured Steel - Industrial Heavy Duty Metal Wall Mounted Modern Farmhouse Rustic Designed Shelf (24-in X 8-in Powder Coated White) : Home & Kitchen

The 6 magnets mounted with 3M VHB 4950 provide a strong mount. The aluminum bar, also taped in place, keeps the shelf from sliding down the magnets. When locked firmly in place an abrupt snap of the outside edge will dismount the shelf for storage. Chris places a towel just under it to protect the bedding to the right. Could not cook a decent breakfast without it! 😂

Towel Holder & Shelf.jpg

Shelf Back.jpg

Shelf2.jpg

Edited by jd1923
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

On 6/13/2024 at 6:48 AM, Patriot said:

Frig thermometer - there is a gaggle of them out there...

For those of us who use RUUVi, why not just mount one of these in the fridge? We put one in there when traveling, but when home it monitors my garage temp which is always too hot with southern exposure. Love the one placed above our Dometic thermostat since the dumb thing only shows set temp! (always set at 84 Auto when parked in the summer months.)

RUUVi Thermostat.jpg

RUUVi App.jpg

Edited by jd1923
Edited pic
  • Like 3

On 6/13/2024 at 8:08 AM, Patriot said:

I believe @topgun2 recommended this mod to me early on. Just inside the door has proven to be a super handy place to hang our keys.

You guys got me thinking about this. Nice little key rack but for me it was lacking some important criteria. I need a rack that I can reach while standing outside the door. We climb in and out too much already for older bodies!

Also wanted a combo key & coat rack, with room for Charley's leash, my long shoehorn, a jacket or two and why not the flashlight!

This product turned out great. Five hooks at 15" for just $17 and you can order them in various lengths. It has a flat back, so I ran 3M VHB 4950 the length of it. So strong. We had 3M Command hooks here and there, installed without much thinking to placement, so I just removed all of them.

Amazon.com: Vanloory Coat Rack, Heavy Duty Stainless Steel 5 Tri Coat Hook Hanger, Wall Mounted Storage Wall Hook, Rustic Clothes Hook/Key Hook Rail for Bathroom Kitchen Entryway(5 Hook White) : Home & Kitchen

Key & Coat Rack.jpg

• Like 4

On 1/13/2024 at 6:31 PM, topgun2 said:

For those that have a bit of time on their hands AND want to save a couple of bucks too:

Take those "yellowed" outlet covers off, clean then really well, wipe with alcohol and then given them a couple of coats of Krylon white spray paint.  Let dry overnight and put them back on.

Another thing to try: In our previous SOB trailers I could often remove the yellowing on white plastic parts with black steak remover spray. Might be worth a try first.

• Thanks 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

I have 3 weeks off and besides maintaining the home front, I'm spending half of my time on the Oliver, and 3 times a week some pickleball diversion!

The main mods are improving furnace ducts, an oven to replace the microwave, an ATS for future running the A/C off inverter and what else... renewing the entry steps, but for now it's just a simple mod for less than $20!

I really needed one for the bathroom, but glad to have purchased set of two. I looked and measured and could not think of another bathroom location. BTW, this fits nicely allowing a 1" clearance for the bathroom cabinet door. Then it made sense to add one at the kitchen sink! What do y'all think? I know Chris will love this when she returns home later this week! And it's not easy to mount the adhesive mounts squarely.

Amazon.com: CGBE 2-Pack Bathroom Organizers And Storage, No Drilling Adhesive Shower Caddy Shower Organizer With Drainage Holes, Durable Shower Shelves for Home & kitchen - Small & White : Home & Kitchen

Shower Caddy1.jpg

Shower Caddy2.jpg

Edited by jd1923
Added link
  • Like 4

I saw this mod a couple month or so ago somewhere on this forum, or maybe an Oliver Facebook post. It is to avoid critters chewing up the propane hoses. Can’t remember who posted it, but we’re planning to do a lot of boondocking so I copied it. 
image.thumb.jpeg.85bc44a3ae3fb0d8a9253778329c6561.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2661b14b2275d56ed0848de946e2307b.jpeg

• Like 4

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

24 minutes ago, John Dorrer said:

My post on Facebook😊

image.png.1929920e4006b603207dcfcf7647f422.png

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison