-
Posts
841 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
1
Everything posted by dewdev
-
You just logged in from a device we haven't seen you use before.
dewdev replied to Katjo's topic in Introduce Yourself
My cell phone service is Verizon -
Recommended source for '19 bathroom and overhead fans?
dewdev replied to nrvale0's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
My 2018 has a fuse panel in the attic. Breakers would have been better! -
Areas of Spotting on gel coat
dewdev replied to Collier and Joan's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
I wonder if that is wear spots from having a canvas cover on the Ollie in the winter? -
You just logged in from a device we haven't seen you use before.
dewdev replied to Katjo's topic in Introduce Yourself
I have a slightly different issue. I can log onto the Oliver web site using my main computer as well as my laptop. When I try to log on with my Samsung Galaxy S-10e antroid phone I get the following error message: "Something went wrong. Please try again" I have tried a number of times and continue to get this message. Any ideas on how to solve this issue would be appreciated? -
Lagun Table Side Mount Retrofit in Twin Bed Elite 2
dewdev replied to Overland's topic in Ollie Modifications
Just finished my install today of the side mount. Plan to use the table now. Now I have a hatch into the basement, which I wanted for during cold weather to get some heat to basement, while using a small fan. Will insulate the outside hatches at some point. Thanks Overland for your post and Mattnan for your helpful hints. -
I saw Beacon on I-95 in Wells Maine heading south yesterday around 4:00 p.m.
-
I certainly now see the advantage of a dash cam after reading about Questionmark's accident. But I do have some concern with all the gadgets I now have and adding a dash cam all with their monitoring display near each other in the TV cab. The devices will include: (1) Garmin 890 RV GPS, (2) Ollie's rear view camera monitoring display, (3) TPMS monitoring display, (4) cell phone and (5) now a dash cam. I remember reading in the TTPS manual about interferance of their monitoring display if near other similiar devices. Will they all work properly in the cab together? Do they need to be located in seperate areas of the cab? I would appreciate others opinions and experience with multiple system running concurrently. Thanks
-
rideandfly: I would be interested in how you find the 59 Quick Wax to work. Please let us know. Glad in New England we do not have whatever the black spots being referred to is. In my post, I was only referring to water stains needing to be removed.
-
John: I think that SeaDawg installed a Houghton AC last year. Check with them on your questions.
-
I agree with SeaDawg. Use mildest to start with. When I purchased my used 3 year old Ollie, there were a lot of black water stains on the side walls that came from dirt (I think) from the roof. This Meguiar's 67 is what I used to remove black water stains on my Ollie. It is pretty mild as far as compounds go. Some other products also worked but required a lot of rubbing. This Meguiars 67 One Step Compound took off the spots with very little rubbing. I used a cloth to apply it and another cloth to remove and polish it. DO NOT use a power buffer with any fiberglass compound products. After I cleaned the the fiberglass I used the below Meguiars Professional Marine wax. I use two coats each spring and another coat in the fall. I have owned four older fiberglass boats over the years. I always used to use Star Brite products or West Marine products but I really love the Meguiar's products better. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
-
Wheel bearing maintenance and replacement
dewdev replied to Frank C's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
As far as bearing, nothing better than American made -
Years ago, we like took the ferry from Bar Harbor Maine to Nova Scotia. It saves a lot of time and then you can visit Nova Scotia from south to north. We are planning a trip this summer using the ferry and after going through Nova Scotia going to Prince Edward Islands and then south through New Brunswick or going west and come south through Quebec. We use and like RVParky for trip planning
-
Based on your reasoning, it sounds like you will get the extra awning. In the winter, I find that my curb side awning is not a problem as far as snow goes. When it melts, the water runs to either the front or back of the trailer and down the side. Another benefit to the extra awning is the water does not shed down the side of the trailer leaving water stain marks. I do not get any water stain marks on the side with the awning. The side without the awning requires me in the spring to remove the stains prior to the first layer of wax.
-
I was thing of getting a 6 x 9 mat instead of the 9 x 12 mat. Does most Ollie owners get the 9 x 12 mats?
-
I have been using RVParky for my trip planning lately. It is free. You program your route (town to town). At each stop, you can then cllick "Find a campground" and see what CG's are available near each town and it has reviews by other people that had visited that CG. RV Parky will tell you the distance between your stops and total route distance and the time of travel. It will also give you an idea of the amount of gas used on your route. I have planned a few trips but have not tested it yet, but will be making my trips this summer, fall and early winter.
-
We are planning, next November to bring the Ollie to the Oliver Factory for the normal (yearly) maintenance and then make our way to New Orleans and then New Mexico using the Natchez Trace Parkway . What do others think of this Parkway and how is the Jeff Busby Parkway campground? It looks like there are no reservations accepted at the Parkway CG so how soon in the day should we plan to stop to get a camp site? How many days should we plan to travel the parkway to see the sites?
-
Not necessaryily an answer to your tire pressure question, but my RAM truck tire pressure name plate indicates front: 55 psi and rear 45 psi. I assume you have checked your name plate. Does your owner's manual say anything about tire pressure towing a trailer? Check with the Ford dealer on your first question. When I buy new tires, I have always bought the Michelin tires. I like their ride and mileage life. Have never used the Cooper tires.
-
John: Topgun was suggesting one for your tow vehicle spare. I was suggesting one for the Ollie spare. Total of 6 and more if you want any spares.
-
Consider another sensor for the Ollie spare tire.
-
SteveCR: What are you powering up with the small red covered aligator clip?
-
I have seen another Oliver owner's trailer where they added the same protection mesh, although I seem to remember their protection grid filled the entire lower section of the door. The protection mesh worked for them, so it will likely work for you as well.
-
I do not see anything on the build sheet to indicate if they are offering a different (quieter) AC unit. Does anyone know the status of this?
-
I bought my (nearly new with only 6000 miles on it) 2018 Elite II in 2020. I think I paid about what he paid for the trailer new. Believe it or not, the 2023 Elite II with similar extra's would cost me $24,375. more ( I double checked my numbers a second time) then what I paid. Glad I bought when I did, that I bought a slightly used Ollie and that I found a great trailer at a nice price.
-
I agree with Bill, Frank and Mike on their points. I am 5'-11" and have no problem with our twin bed configuration. A little narrow but manageable since I do not toss and turn much. Reading on the forum, with the standard floor plan, moving the cushions/mattresses is difficult to get at the water valves under the curb side of the Ollie. If you could visit a Elite II of both versions, you could see the differences for yourself. Check with Oliver sales to see what is near you. Good luck.
