Jump to content

dewdev

Member+
  • Posts

    844
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by dewdev

  1. Yes, you need DC power to run the controls of the refrigerator. With the dead batteries, you will likely not see any of the control lights being lite. Also, the owner's manual for the refrigerator tells you that you need 12V power (or plugged into 120V power which gets changed to 12V).
  2. Mary: 1. I agree that it would be best to remove the bad batteries for the winter. You do not want leaking acid dropping onto the battery tray or the fiberglass underneath. 2) If you are going to replace the batteries with AGM's in the spring take the LIthium switch off, so you do not forget when installing new batteries. 3) For the winter without any batteries in the Ollie, be sure to temporarily seal the ends of the wires from the solar collectors. Put them in a good plastic bag. Even though in a barn, there may be enough light to allow the solar collectors to make a little bit of power.
  3. Thanks bhncb: If the Dometic thermostat is replaced with the Emerson non-programable thermostat which existing wires are connected to the Emerson?
  4. I am researching replacing my Dometic AC with the new Truma Aventi ECO AC unit during the Truma free install offer The Truma AC unit is rated at 13, 5000 BTU/hr. It requires at a minimum CG power connection of 20 amps. Condensate is handled by an internal drain tube using their interior drain kit. I got a call from the Truma installer as I had a few questions the sales person could not answer. I was told that the furnace would work with the Dometic thermostat if the controller which is probably located above the interior AC air distribution cover. I remember seeing on this forum that people were having to install a different furnace controller after changing out the Dometic AC. QUESTION: For those that removed your Dometic AC unit, was the thermostat controller located up in the AC unit and could not be reinstalled thereby requiring a new thermostat for the heater?
  5. Steve and MA: Thanks for providing the link for the Truma Aventa Eco AC unit. In answer to some earlier question: 1. The AC unit is rated at 13, 5000 BTU/hr. 2. It requires at a minimum CG power connection of 20 amps. 3. Condensate is handled by an internal drain tube. I made out the qualifying survey and noted that I was interested in the installation at their Florida location. After receiving approval via email, I did not receive any further information regarding scheduling so I called them. I was directed to leave a message with the scheduling person and got a phone call back 4 days later. I was told that the cost of the unit is around $2550 (with the part needed to connect the Oliver condensate drain).
  6. Best to use your power cord at a campground, supplied by Oliver, and plug into their 30 amp outlet.
  7. Thanks for posting SeaDawg Does anyone know how the Truma condensate water is discharged?
  8. John: Do you know where I can find that video? Thanks
  9. My 2018 also has a redundant fuse, like Frank C. i wonder why there are two fuses in the same line?
  10. Avalo: I think you would be best to contact Oliver Service Department (or open a new service ticket) and ask them your question as we do not know what Oliver you have. If you add to your signature, the year, hull number and model of your Oliver, and your tow vehicle information, it would help people to answer your questions in the future. To add this information to your signature: 1. Click on your name in the upper right corner. 2. On the next page, click on Account settings. 3. On the next page, on the left side of the page, click on Signature. 4. Fill in your information and click save. Add welcome to the Oliver forum
  11. hbschof: I wax over my decals. I have a 2018 Elite II and I have never seen any oxidation (like I would see in my past older boats) on the fiberglass but in the spring there is some dark water stains on the sides that come off the roof (I guess from dirt on the roof) after sitting all winter. A good wash lightens the water stains and I then use the Meguiars 67 One step compound. A light application takes off the water stains very easily. I then put on a coat of the Flagship Professional Marine Wax.
  12. John: How did you purchase that China Tundar? Funny that your pictures on your post are the same pictures in the link you provided!
  13. Has the stove worked in the past? Are you pushing and holding the knob in? At that time you should hear or smell gas? If there is then flowing gas, you can then push the igniter in but need to hold the knob in for a time for it to settle in?
  14. Nice job rideandfly. Is there a way you can change the Furrion cover to say 20A?
  15. slt3888 Welcome to the forum. What size/model Ford do you have? It would be nice if you fill in the information about your TV and Oliver in the signature line. Click on your name in the top right corner. Another window will open, click on Account Settings. When a new window opens, click on Signature on the left side. Edit the signature section with the information you would like to appear at the bottom of your post’s and click Save. Thanks
  16. Friends from Texas found the same type of mark-up on a Ford F-150 in Texas. They were temporarily working in Maine and bought the same Ford F-150 for the MSRP at a dealer in Maine.
  17. We manually open the Maxx Fan vent hood slightly (without running the fan) so there is some venting during rain storms. Seems to work for us but I must say that we have never been at the Ollie during rain storms that last all day.
  18. We have the Garmin 890 and like it a lot after using it this past year. I like that you can program in the dimensions of the TV and the Ollie and it will not take you on roads that have low overpasses. It also has a lot of CG listed on its app and gives information about each CG. The 890 can be updated to the latest software versions.
  19. hobo: I am not giving away the Lagun bracket plate, only the extrusions to make the side mount bracket. Sorry for the confusion in my original post.
  20. I thought E85 was not recommended for most vehicle gas engines. What is the story there?
  21. Revised my post on 9/19/2022 due to apparent miss-understanding of my original post. I made a Lagun side mount bracket as described in a past OVERLAND post. The relocation allowed me to install an access hatch to the basement. When I order the metal from the 80/20 company, one of the boxes got lost for a short time and 80/20 sent me another set of the 15 Series Extrusions, so I now have a extra set of 15 Series Extrusions that I do not need. The picture shows these extra extrusions. One piece is 9" long and the other 2 pieces are 6" long. If anyone wants these extrusions they can have them for free but will have to pay for shipping. To make the side mount Lagun bracket, that person will still need to buy the angle irons and attachment bolts. (see list of materials below provided by OVERLAND in his original post) Anyone interested, please contact me. #3075 Extrusion, 24" [This item is what I am giving away.] #4303 Bracket, 4 pieces #4302 Bracket, 2 pieces #3320 Bolt Assembly, 14 pieces You'll also need some stainless ¼" or 5/16" bolts to fix the block to the hull. I think most can be 1" or 1.25" long but you'll need two 3" bolts for the two vertical ones that go through the bed extension. I used lock nuts and large fender washers to spread the load against the fiberglass. I also cut off all the bolt ends around the bed side with a dremel and cutoff disk and filed them smooth so not to damage the mattress or cushions.
  22. Before removing the caulking, I would suggest that you check the drain holes at the bottom of the window track to make sure they are clear and allowing the water that hits the window glass to drain out of the window track.
  23. We in Maine do have hot humid weather in the summer, but not like down south. Generally we will have hot spells in the mid 90's that lasts 2 to 4 weeks straight. I live along the coast so the humidity is very high during these times, making it feel like 100. I use a small ProBreeze dehumidifier (see picture - 1200 cubic feet (205 sq ft) Electric Mini Dehumidifier). I do have to empty the water container every 3 to 4 days, but that is better than having a large dehumidifier like some others are using and it is easy to store when traveling. For the past 2 summers this dehumidifier has worked fine for me, keeping the Oliver dry and no mold has formed.
  24. Katjo: Is that a Clam tent over the picnic table? What size is the tent?
  25. Brian and Brandelyne: I tried googling Duvall in the Smokies. It looks like Duvall in the Smokies is now called Buddy Bear in the Smokies RV Campground.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information