Oliver Dealer Now Active

ScubaRx

• Moderator+
5 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

I doubt - very seriously - that it is Camping World.

Bill

I second that emotion.

Smokey Robinson - 1968

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 6

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

I think the concern for current and future owners is the number of businesses/layers that will need to make a profit before the trailer reaches the end customer.  Now the price has gone up substantially over the past five years and another increase will be implemented in a month or so.  Along with that the raw costs of building materials have dropped a lot since the peak demand a couple years ago.  This has set up probably one of the largest margins Oliver has ever had.  However, they need keep volume up in order to keep the total gross growing every year.

My rambling basically means they have probably built in enough margin to pay a healthy amount to the dealers carrying the Oliver name. If they are stocking dealers paying for inventory they need probably 30-40% to survive and provide for their own employees.  The concern is if Oliver feels they need to level off the price for a little while to keep demand up they might feel the need to lower quality to keep profits up.

I personally like the Tesla model of direct sales but with service centers (delivery hubs) spread around.  This level of service could be provided by small RV shops without them handling sales. The advantage of this is Oliver could use aggressive pricing (think Tesla cutting prices by $20k plus), drive up demand, and save the end customer money. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, topgun2 said:

I doubt - very seriously - that it is Camping World.

I don’t think we’ll see any Camping Worlds.  They are working with smaller dealers.  I know one they are working with in Texas is a small family dealer.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ChrisMI said:

I personally like the Tesla model of direct sales but with service centers (delivery hubs) spread around.  This level of service could be provided by small RV shops without them handling sales. The advantage of this is Oliver could use aggressive pricing (think Tesla cutting prices by $20k plus), drive up demand, and save the end customer money. 

I do, too, as a Tesla owner, but there are difficulties there, too.

Oliver family certainly doesn't have limited resources,  but not the virtually unlimited resources of the Elon Musk group.

I think they are treading a new carefully vetted  path, to offer regional service, and sales. 

Nothing else changes, from what I've heard. 

Hohenwald is still the center of the Oliver universe. 

Let's give it a chance.

• Like 9

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

I do, too, as a Tesla owner, but there are difficulties there, too.

Oliver family certainly doesn't have limited resources,  but not the virtually unlimited resources of the Elon Musk group.

I think they are treading a new carefully vetted  path, to offer regional service, and sales. 

Nothing else changes, from what I've heard. 

Hohenwald is still the center of the Oliver universe. 

Let's give it a chance.

And one looks like it's near Portland, Oregon.  That's good news for us!

John

• Like 6

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Pessimistic thoughts are like cancer. Spouting statements that have no validity do not help. Oliver has a business plan to make them a force for years to come. Instead of stirring the pot with negative comments, it might be a good idea to have all the facts first. 

This site is a little more open minded, but comments here and especially on Oliver Facebook, come across like the sky is falling. "Oliver will be another Thor, and this will be the end of Oliver".

Oliver isn't going to just set up repair centers and spend the money to train personnel. It has to be a win-win-win for Oliver, RV Dealership, and Oliver Owners (Future Owners). There has to be something in it for the RV Dealership and that is having Oliver's on their lots for sale. Someone in Washington State can go to Portland, OR (or wherever the RV Dealership is located) instead of driving 1,500+ mile to Hohenwald

Remember, any Oliver Owner or Future Owner can go to Hohenwald to purchase or have service work done. Things will continue for those that prefer the Mothership.

Oliver needs our support. We need to let this play out. As locations come on board, and Oliver shares the sales part, and how the repair work will be implemented, we will get a true understanding of the entire plan.

We need to stop with negativity and spewing false comments. As I mentioned earlier this site has been a little more restrained. 

I personally think this is a win-win for Oliver Owners and Future Owners

In the meantime Happy Camping.

• Like 14

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

2 hours ago, John Dorrer said:

Pessimistic thoughts are like cancer. Spouting statements that have no validity do not help. Oliver has a business plan to make them a force for years to come. Instead of stirring the pot with negative comments, it might be a good idea to have all the facts first. 

This site is a little more open minded, but comments here and especially on Oliver Facebook, come across like the sky is falling. "Oliver will be another Thor, and this will be the end of Oliver".

Oliver isn't going to just set up repair centers and spend the money to train personnel. It has to be a win-win-win for Oliver, RV Dealership, and Oliver Owners (Future Owners). There has to be something in it for the RV Dealership and that is having Oliver's on their lots for sale. Someone in Washington State can go to Portland, OR (or wherever the RV Dealership is located) instead of driving 1,500+ mile to Hohenwald

Remember, any Oliver Owner or Future Owner can go to Hohenwald to purchase or have service work done. Things will continue for those that prefer the Mothership.

Oliver needs our support. We need to let this play out. As locations come on board, and Oliver shares the sales part, and how the repair work will be implemented, we will get a true understanding of the entire plan.

We need to stop with negativity and spewing false comments. As I mentioned earlier this site has been a little more restrained. 

I personally think this is a win-win for Oliver Owners and Future Owners

In the meantime Happy Camping.

Well said.

John

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderator+
21 hours ago, StillGame said:

That map pin in MA looks to be on Rt. 91. above Springfield That could make it either Camping World, or an independant dealer, Orchard Trailers.

The dealer in Massachusetts is Tim's RV in Erving, MA

• Like 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

18 hours ago, John Welte said:

John

Do we know, yet, who the Oregon dealer is?  As an Oregonian, I'm curious.

• Like 2

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

The dealer in Massachusetts is Tim's RV in Erving, MA

I looked them up. Great reviews, and a platinum InTech dealer. Local smaller company.

Wish I'd known a few weeks ago, when I flew up to New England to surprise my college roommate on her birthday. Only a short drive away. 

Happy for the New England folks!

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

22 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I see it as a huge win for all of us.  Especially for keeping the great Service Team and taking some of the work load off them as the number of new Oliver sales has grown so much in the past few years. 

OTT Service Department fields a huge number diagnostic questions every day.  They also financially support this forum at no cost to the OTT owners.  Their efforts is leveraged by the OTT owner Pro's who are some of the best in the country.  Combined it is hugely beneficial to both OTT and all of us.    

By having remotely located Service Centers, informed owners using this forum and the Mother Ship Service Experts can get to a dealership pretty well informed as to what needs to be done.  This is a win for everyone!    

• Like 7
  • Love 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderator+

I'm not sure I know where DSF is, help me out here.

On 12/7/2023 at 7:55 PM, John Welte said:

John

I’m gunna guess it’s on McLaughlin Blvd, west side of the road…. maybe a bit north of the Oak Grove area.  

Time will tell

• Like 1

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

2 hours ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

I’m gunna guess it’s on McLaughlin Blvd, west side of the road…. maybe a bit north of the Oak Grove area.  

Time will tell

That's a lot closer than Hohenwald!  I know of about four owners in the Portland area.  You must be the fifth with your knowledge of the area.  Wahoo!

John 

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, John Welte said:

That's a lot closer than Hohenwald!  I know of about four owners in the Portland area.  You must be the fifth with your knowledge of the area.  Wahoo!

John 

John, we spent close to 30 years in Canby prior to moving to NE Oregon.

• Like 1

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

1 hour ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

John, we spent close to 30 years in Canby prior to moving to NE Oregon.

We're hoping to get out to Joseph next year to the state park there.  

John

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

My experience with this. When I went to order a 2024 model in January, my info was given to the dealer in my network. After speaking with dealer, I decided to order and pickup 'Direct' through Oliver. I really didn't want a 3rd party (dealer) to communicate with. I wanted the whole Oliver experience, from communicating with the Oliver Team, driving to TN, factory tour, and staying @ Camp Oliver for any post sales issues. I did this with our Escape in Canada and liked the process. Thanks Oliver for not pushing me to order from a dealer. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 7

2024 E2 | Hull # 1527 |Truma | Lithionics (390Ah) |Compost |2007 Toyota Tundra (5.7L, V8) | Airstream | Casita | Escape

I'm assuming the attached email went to all on the Oliver mailing list.  RV show season is coming up and it appears Oliver is utilizing partner dealers to show Ollies at various locations.  This makes it pretty clear who the chosen dealers are in these cities with each one referenced by each RV Show city. 

I live near Denver and was not familiar with B & B RV before seeing the name in this Oliver email.  In looking at their website it states they are a "boutique dealer specializing in unique, off-road, off-grid, lightweight travel trailers"  and they do list Oliver among their manufacturers.   I'm pleased to have a small, specialized RV shop as an authorized Oliver dealer here in Colorado in the event that I need service beyond my basic mechanical knowledge. 

Anyway, this makes it pretty clear which dealers were selected in Oregon and Colorado to join those already listed on the Oliver website in Georgia, North Carolina, Massachusetts and Virginia.are a boutique dealer specializing in unique, off-road, off-grid, lightweight travel trailers

Gmail - Dan and Teresa, Come See Us at These RV Shows for 2024!.pdf

• Like 5

2020 Elite II #627, 2021 Silverado 1500 3.0L Duramax, Colorado

On 12/7/2023 at 5:13 PM, ScubaRx said:

So stand by everyone, it looks like this is about to get a little more interesting.

Will the new sales/service dealerships be offering the "Yearly Maintenance" work tasks that OTT service does?

Or will that service only be offered by OTT themselves in TN.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators
On 1/19/2024 at 9:53 PM, tallmandan said:

I'm assuming the attached email went to all on the Oliver mailing list. 

I never got that email. Interesting.  

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2023 at 11:33 AM, John E Davies said:

You are the one who brought it up by asking me why, publicly. I just clicked that sad button. Anyone here can have an opinion and nobody should try to silence or put down dissenters who don’t toe the line…. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

I agree with John on this.  The “stern lecture mode” by ScubaRX kind of torqued me off a bit. A first for me on these forums.

theOrca,  2020 Legacy Elite II, Twin, Hull 615

Tow Vehicle - 2016 Ram 1500, Hemi, 8 Speed with 1500# rear springs and Goodyear bags.

I was surfing YouTube last night and came across a video called "Shopping for the best quality travel trailer under 30 feet." The video started with a couple standing in an Airstream on a dealer lot and I thought, "they won't even mention Oliver," but as they were showing the AS interior I could see a couple of Olivers in the distance through the AS window. The plot thickened.

They moved on to a couple of stickies, talking about the advantages of having 2 air conditioners and a dry bath (the AS shower was too small for him), before walking toward an Oliver. I thought, "they're going to hate it, because it's so small."

However, they redeemed my opinion of YouTubers by immediately commenting on  the look and quality of the Oliver. It wasn't for them (he's 6'3"), but they really were impressed with the quality and spoke very well of the Oliver product before they moved on to an InTech, which seemed to be their favorite.

I was really impressed by the dealership, which seemed to have a great assortment of RV brands to look over. How often can you find Olivers and Airstreams on the same lot? It was great to see the couple compare Olivers side by side with other brands and come away with a favorable impression. They even said, "if only it was a little bit bigger..." which is the topic of another ongoing thread... 🙂 

Here's the video: 

https://youtu.be/LRFQ8GAqvs4?si=GPqYM6PYyyyLleH0

Edited by Steph and Dud B
Typo
  • Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg