Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm not very handy so I haven't looked a lot under and around the bowels of our trailer, but recently I had an occasion to do so. Looking at my shower drain pipe I saw this:

IMG_1575.thumb.jpeg.da8cb6254ca1a685db586d7231bb9f87.jpegIMG_1574.thumb.jpeg.c9e3f4d538d6b0fe0d0de78d7ba3215b.jpeg

It appears that the 1.5 inch drain line has collapsed. The shower still drains slowly and there's no leaks (yet?), but I'm a bit shocked. While the pipe from the shower pan is vertical, the connection to the gray tank(?) pipe appears to be at a 45 degree angle so that buying a new P Trap doesn't appear to be a good option unless I'm willing to re-plump.

Is this normal? I'm open for suggestions.

John and Jodi

San Antonio, TX

2022 Elite II - Hull #1126 being pulled by a 2022 F-150 Powerboost.

Map Legend: Red - Driven Through; Orange - Stopped In; Blue - Explored Parts; Green - Explored Whole

 

 

States20250506.png.6933c9e9b3d98a0f6721be33b0e952d1.png

Oliver Travel Trailer for Sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
Posted (edited)

Looks like they installed a flexible tube and left a twist in it.  You might try loosening a clamp and twisting the kink out.  Unfortunately that kink could be set and it seems like too a tight bend even for a replacement piece.  Oliver should address that despite the expired warranty, it was just a poor installation from the start.

Good luck, Geoff

Edited by Snackchaser
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
Posted

Can we assume that you purchased this Ollie "new"?

I've never seen that kind of installation.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

Posted
1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Can we assume that you purchased this Ollie "new"?

Yes. New from the factory in 2022.

John and Jodi

San Antonio, TX

2022 Elite II - Hull #1126 being pulled by a 2022 F-150 Powerboost.

Map Legend: Red - Driven Through; Orange - Stopped In; Blue - Explored Parts; Green - Explored Whole

 

 

States20250506.png.6933c9e9b3d98a0f6721be33b0e952d1.png

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information