Sign in to follow this  
SeaDawg

EZE RV Gutters

I ran across these aluminum gutter strips over the weekend and thought I'd post them here.  I don't know if they'd be a better alternative or not.  You can't bend them so they'd have to run past the windows a bit, and of course they wouldn't blend in like the vinyl ones do.  But I think they'd stay in place much better.

Eagle Mouldings Aluminum J-Cap Drip Gutter

Snowball • LE2 256 • 2018 Ford Raptor

All our gutters are still in place, almost 3 years later, except the ones removed to reset one window, and replace the bath window with the newer insulated window.

Prep is very important. As is, I think, temperature. We mounted ours in the summer. Probably July? I remember that the rhodos were in bloom.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

So, there's been some discussion lately on eze gutters, so I thought I'd resurrect this (very) old thread.

We didn't have acetone around, so we used windex all around first, then cleaned carefully with 70 per cent alcohol. This is to remove layers of wax buildup. Or, with newer unwaxed trailers, remove mold release.

The toothbrush was a tool to smooth, press apply the adhesive to the trailer, using the handle as a pressor. Of course, i volunteered Paul's. ( lol, no,, it was an old toothbrush.)

I'm happy to report that our gutters are still in place, in 2019, 5 years later. Except that darn little bathroom window. I think it's just too tight a curve. I've tried it again somewhere in the last five years, and it fell off again. Even done in very hot summer weather. And same good prep. Oh, well. Done with that. It never leaked anyway, just wanted it to match... shh, don't tell anyone it doesn't match, ok?

Our biggest issue has always been the big port side window, because of our side mounted solar panels. Once we figured that out, and kept those weepholes cleaned regularly, and the panel angle set to not run a waterfall toward the weepholes, it's been good.

Not an issue for you folks with roof mounted panels...

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12