Re: 2017 LE 2, Hull 218 PACKAGE (“Mouse”) , comments from current owners/members

Cameron
Message added by SeaDawg,

Split from @John E Davies for sale post in classifieds. John so apprectes all your kind words and best wishes, but the comments were possibly making it difficult for ad readers to find info. 

Seadawg

This is making me sad. I've followed all your posts, read all of your How To instructions and have been amazed at your mods as well as your sage advice to us newcomers. I'd hoped to meet you someday on the road or at a rally to thank you in person for your contributions. You have had a bigger impact on Oliver owners than you'll ever know. I can only wish you well in whatever comes your way in the future. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 11

2021 Elite II #841, 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

Very sorry to see this.  Your projects and knowledge were always very helpful to the Oliver owner community.  I wish you well in the future, prayers for the health issues, and I hope you will continue to contribute to the forum.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

Dear @John E Davies John:

This news comes by way of making D's and my heart heavy.  We have learned so much from your posts and PMs and were looking forward to possibly meeting you and Mouse down the road at some point.  We wish you and yours the very best in the pursuit of your dreams and happiness in future endeavors.  Know that our prayers kind thoughts are with you both and hope you can remain engaged with the forums as the true "Oliver Sage" that you have been for many years.  From one aviation professional to another, "Fair winds and following seas!".

Cheers!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators

John - so sorry circumstances require you to sell your Oliver!  I hope whatever health issues are contributing aren’t serious and improve.  You should have a quick sale!  Take care - Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

So sorry to hear of your declining health and seeing this need to sell your Oliver. 
It is quite obvious your well loved Oliver has been kept in pristine condition and whoever purchases it will be lucky to benefit from the many great mods you did. 
Wish you all the best and prayers for your health issues. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

John:

Thank you for all the great thoughts, ideas, and patience you have provided to so many other Oliver owners.  

God bless you Sir.

GJ

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

John,

Thank you for all your forum input. I have been following you and have always respected your intellect and common sense approach. You will be missed. Wishing you all the best in the future and  praying all things work out for you and your family. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

John & Chris Dehne Manchester, MD.  2021 Elite II twin Hull# 901

“Fiberbeergrass” 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4  Life is good!

John, your posts were instrumental in Sondra's and my decision to purchase an Oliver.  Thank you and best wishes for you and your wife.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Bryan & Sondra

2023 Elite II Twin Bed, Hull #1358

2022 F-150 5.0L, long bed w/ Heavy Duty Payload, Max Tow, and FX4 packages

John,  

Thank you for all your great information and help here on the forum. I've read so many of your posts and really value your considered opinion. I'll be sure to share your ad with friends who are searching -- whoever buys it will be happy campers. 

Best to you going forward -- I hope you stay active here in the forum community.

Toni 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENDOKSDTNTXWYCCCCCC

John,

I echo all of the above comments. I too have contacted you via PM for assistance. I felt I could do that & get a reply that would answer my question. I am deeply sorry that you need to sell your travel trailer. Best wishes. 😢

• Thanks 1

SGC & GRC

Hull 224 [2017]

2017 GMC Sierra HD Crew Cab Diesel

ALARDEFLGAINLAMEMDMNMSMOMTNJNCNDOHPASCSD   Map of Provinces I Visitedimage.png.f8ebba1142570e619cdfe801998f4b4d.png

John,

I also am sad to hear of your declining health and the impending sale of Mouse.  You have alluded to health issues and your expectation they would lead to this point.

I too learned a great deal from your informative posts.  The documentation of your modifications is first rate.  I have always been impressed by the thoughtful designs and the very high caliber skills evident in the fabrication of your modifications to Mouse.  I thank you again for reviewing and commenting on my design for a rear mounted cargo carrier.  Your imprimatur gave me confidence to proceed.

I wish the best for you and your family.  Thank you for your substantial contributions to the Oliver community.

Don

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

spacer.pngNorth Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

John - My wife and I rarely follow any form of social media, but regularly check in to the Oliver Forum in large measure to see whether you’ve added another post. Your posts on modifications and maintenance are the gold standard, and we thank you for your detailed explanations and thoughtful replies to questions. I echo others in the hope that you remain active on the forum, and that your health improves.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6
  • Care 1

‘22 Ram 1500 4x4 Eco-diesel | ‘22 OTT LE2 hull # 1056 | Eastern VA

I know your decision must have been tough as it appears you guys really enjoy traveling with your "Mouse".  The new owners will love all that you did with your modifications.  Hope you continue on the forum with sharing all that knowledge  and experience you have.  Your input would be greatly missed.

Take care of yourselves.  That is the most important thing right now. 

• Thanks 1

ALAZARCOFLGAKSKYLAMSMTNENVNMNYOHOKPATNTX

#837 started this new traveling experience in the summer of 2021 and loving it.

TV is 2020 Durango Citadel or 2021 Dodge 1500 diesel V6.  2021

• The title was changed to Re: 2017 LE 2, Hull 218 PACKAGE (“Mouse”) , comments from current owners/members