Heading to Hohenwald!

Leaving Jackson Hole to pick up hull 1491 “Carlotta” on Monday the 18th. Furthest east we’ve ever driven! Never had a truck - never had a trailer (actually had a Coleman pop-up many years ago, but was too busy to use it).

Doug & Jill

• Like 9
  • Love 3

ALCOGALANMNCTNTXmed.jpg
Doug & Jill - Wilson WY

Ozzie and Ruby - 2 Havanese characters

“Hull #1491” ‘24 LEII

’23 F-250 RapidRed KR 7.3 Godzilla

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

Woo-Hoo!

Its all downhill from here - kind of.  Enjoy the trip and the delivery.  Be safe, get plenty of rest, have fun.  Ask a bunch of questions but don't worry about remembering it all - not possible.  Take a bunch of pics - for your own use and for posting here.  RELAX - you've got this.  Just take your time and don't let anyone rush you.  Did I say - "Relax"?

Congrats!

Bill

p.s.  the weather is forecast to get a bit damp over the weekend starting Friday.  Monday it will be cooler (highs in the 50's to low 60's) but dry and that should be the same for most of the week.

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Doug and Jill, congratulations!  Don't worry about the towing, you'll hardly know the trailer is back there and the trailer tucks right in behind the truck so if your truck can make it trough a narrow spot your trailer will too.  

• Like 3

Tom & Doreen • 2023 Elite ll • Hull #1321 • 2023 Tundra Platinum Crew Max • Cheshire CT 

States1.jpg

Congrats and Welcome from Hull 1182!!

We took our IPAD and recorded the delivery for reference because I am lucky to remember last week let alone all the information we went over. Still refer back to it from time to time.

You also have the wonderful folks on here who can answer just about any questions or problems that might come up.

Safe Travels

• Like 4

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Doug S said:

Leaving Jackson Hole to pick up hull 1491 “Carlotta” on Monday the 18th. Furthest east we’ve ever driven! Never had a truck - never had a trailer (actually had a Coleman pop-up many years ago, but was too busy to use it).

Doug & Jill

Congratulations y'all! Safe travels, enjoy!

• Like 3

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

Congratulations Doug and Jill on Hull# 1491. Enjoy your delivery day and wishing you all the best in your travels! 

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

Congrats @Doug S!  

Welcome to the OTT Family - you'll be love'n your new Oliver before you know it!!!  Safe travels and hope to meet y'all "down the road" at some point....

Cheers, Doug and Jill!

• Like 3

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators

Even better news- 

The updated weather forecast for you looks like the wet weather originally forecast will sag a bit further to the south.  This should mean that the rain will not effect you.

Hope this holds and you have a safe trip.

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 3/12/2024 at 9:43 AM, Doug S said:

Leaving Jackson Hole to pick up hull 1491

Congratulations and good luck on your trip! You are only about 4 hours from Twin Falls, we will watch out for #1491!

Kirk

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

On 3/12/2024 at 10:51 AM, topgun2 said:

Woo-Hoo!

Its all downhill from here - kind of.  Enjoy the trip and the delivery.  Be safe, get plenty of rest, have fun.  Ask a bunch of questions but don't worry about remembering it all - not possible.  Take a bunch of pics - for your own use and for posting here.  RELAX - you've got this.  Just take your time and don't let anyone rush you.  Did I say - "Relax"?

Congrats!

Bill

p.s.  the weather is forecast to get a bit damp over the weekend starting Friday.  Monday it will be cooler (highs in the 50's to low 60's) but dry and that should be the same for most of the week.

Thanks Bill! Downhill can be thrilling!

• Wow 1

ALCOGALANMNCTNTXmed.jpg
Doug & Jill - Wilson WY

“Hull #1491” ‘24 LEII

On 3/12/2024 at 10:57 AM, Tom and Doreen said:

Doug and Jill, congratulations!  Don't worry about the towing, you'll hardly know the trailer is back there and the trailer tucks right in behind the truck so if your truck can make it trough a narrow spot your trailer will too.  

Great advice!

• Like 1

ALCOGALANMNCTNTXmed.jpg
Doug & Jill - Wilson WY

“Hull #1491” ‘24 LEII

On 3/12/2024 at 11:43 AM, Doug S said:

Leaving Jackson Hole to pick up hull 1491 “Carlotta” on Monday the 18th.

Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you, and thrilled that you were able to tour my sweet Oliver when I was out in Jackson last fall. I look forward to seeing more posts of your adventures. All the best wishes for you on the road!  Toni 

• Like 4

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENDOKSDTNTXWYCCCCCC

Congradulations

Take you time at the factory and during your travels

Stay at the Oliver Campground and checkout all equipment on the Ollie until you have run out of questions.

Safe travels

• Like 4

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

Congratulations.  I was a bit overwhelmed during pickup but after a night in their campground I reviewed all my notes and practiced turning things on and off.  I had a few questions and found some minor things and it was great to walk over and ask them.  Pick up extra Oliver Brochures to hand out to everyone who will want to know about your Oliver at fuel stops and campgrounds on your way back home!  Safe travels.

• Like 2

2023 Elite II - Hull Number 1335, Twin Bed
Rivian R1T - Local/Regional | 2018 Nissan Armada - Longer Distance
Simi Valley CA | Williamsburg VA 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, RichM said:

Pick up extra Oliver Brochures to hand out to everyone who will want to know about your Oliver at fuel stops and campgrounds on your way back home!  Safe travels.

Great idea!

I always have 3 or 4 of the current year's brochures to hand out.

Bill

• Like 3

On 3/16/2024 at 4:02 PM, Boudicca908 said:

Congratulations!  I'm so happy for you, and thrilled that you were able to tour my sweet Oliver when I was out in Jackson last fall. I look forward to seeing more posts of your adventures. All the best wishes for you on the road!  Toni 

Hi Toni! We picked up Carlotta today!  Spending our first night at campsite #1! First Gin and Tonic - which works as planned. Head to Asheville tomorrow via Uncle Nearest Distillery. Both puppies love their new twin beds. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

ALCOGALANMNCTNTXmed.jpg
Doug & Jill - Wilson WY

“Hull #1491” ‘24 LEII

• Moderators
Posted (edited)

Congratulations.  Please test  everything,  before you leave. 

Happy camping!

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 3/13/2024 at 12:57 PM, snakeriveridaho said:

Congratulations and good luck on your trip! You are only about 4 hours from Twin Falls, we will watch out for #1491!

Kirk

Need to find a way to connect!

ALCOGALANMNCTNTXmed.jpg
Doug & Jill - Wilson WY

“Hull #1491” ‘24 LEII

Did our first night at #1 25F!!! Nice and warm inside. 

• Like 4

ALCOGALANMNCTNTXmed.jpg
Doug & Jill - Wilson WY

“Hull #1491” ‘24 LEII

Oh....the wonderful memories!  Enjoy the great experience.  Despite similar wise counsel, we did not test "everything" - specifically how to dump our gray tank.  Went to dump it the first time at about 50% full and nothing would come out.  Oh dear....

After a frantic call to Service, we came to realize we were pointed nose first downhill at this particular dump station.  Whoopies!  Fortunately for us, we had no Oliver flaws - only our own!

We will not forget our great pick up experience and pray yours is even better!

• Like 4

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7

Headed further south! Now in High Falls GA. A lot warmer here, and the traffic in/out of Atlanta was horrible! Headed down to Mobile tomorrow. 

• Like 2

ALCOGALANMNCTNTXmed.jpg
Doug & Jill - Wilson WY

“Hull #1491” ‘24 LEII

8 hours ago, Doug S said:

Headed further south

There are some lovely camping spots in the panhandle north of Tallahassee. Enjoy the warmth of Florida!

• Like 1

Oliver Elite II Twin (delivered 3/28/2022)   Tow Vehicle: Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel "Estrella"

ALARCOFLGAIAKSKYLAMONENDOKSDTNTXWYCCCCCC

11 hours ago, Doug S said:

Headed down to Mobile tomorrow. 

Keep going south - great time of year for visiting the Keys!

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX