Sign in to follow this  
aquestell

Length of Sewer Pipe Extension Needed

I am picking up my Legacy Elite II in July. The information I am asking may already be in a posting somewhere, however I have not yet seen it. The question is, if I want to add a sewer pipe extension to the bumper area where the pipe comes out of the trailer, how long an extension do I need so that the pipe is closer to where the bumper opens?

I can’t answer with a specific number since our trailer is over in the storage. But, the way I do it is to keep the sewer hose connected all the time while we’re on the road. With the recess it allows storing the hose in the bumper without disconnecting. If you brought the pipe out further you’d have to disconnect in order to close the bumper. It makes it easy when we have a FHU site to just drop the bumper and connect to the campsite sewer. Mike

• Thanks 2

Mike and Carol | Fair Oaks Ranch, TX | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram Rebel 4X4 5.7L Hemi

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpg

Thank you very much. I too will plan on leaving the hose connected. I was just curious if doing a short extension would bring it closer to the edge of the bumper opening so you wouldn't have to reach in so far to hook it up or disconnect it if you ever need to.

The secret to sewer hose is to buy the Best that you can find. Nothing spoils a trip worse than remembering a ruptured hose or an unplanned disconnect. We leave our longer hose hooked up all the time. (We also have 2 shorter hoses and extra fittings we carry, because it seems CG usually put their sewer connections just beyond where I plan on them being). By leaving the hose hooked up there is also less chance of having a tab lock come loose. We do check it occasionally to make sure that the tabs are full seated. We also are thinking about converting to cam lock fittings as they are more secure and easier to use. We will still carry some tab fittings to fit various adapters and our blue tank, as well as that short section of clear pipe. The clear section may not be pretty in use, but lets you know when the black tank is clean when flushing.

• Thanks 1

I put a extension on our pipe, can't remember if it was 12 or 15 inches, picked it up at Camping World. Without that extension it's a real pain to hook up, and if you don't get it on quite right, NOT GOOD. Probably best to just keep it hooked up.

Stan

• Thanks 1

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

We also are thinking about converting to cam lock fittings as they are more secure and easier to use.

Are you referring to the Lippert Wastemaster, or just using cam-lock fittings on a different hose?

2018 OLEII #344   |   2018 Ford Expedition

AZCACOGAKSMONMTNWYsm.jpg

Thinking of using standard cam fitting. Of course that will depend on if we can get a good seal/fitting on the existing hose. The limiting factor is that the storage area is so small. Would love to modify the rear bumper, but haven't thought that through yet. Thinking a step to clean or adjust the rear cam might be nice, but can't interfere with tail lights or emergency window opening. Maybe more time on the road to think about it...