It’s here! Hull #1405

shhQuiet

I’m hunkered down in scattered showers at Camp Oliver right now. Ryan did a great job with the delivery and I’m completely overwhelmed!  The big stuff I’ve got covered but the little details are just going to take time. 

IMG_4168.jpeg

IMG_4172.jpeg

• Like 13

2023 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull #1405, "Rocinante"  TV: 2022 F-150 5.0 V8 4x4

States Visited MapMap of Provinces I Visited

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderator+

What fun. Take it all in as you can but enjoy yourself. It will become second nature before you know it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Nice Ollie - nice truck.

Did you stop into Tractor Supply to get one of these hitch pins?  They make pulling and inserting that pin a bunch easier.

P1020031.JPG

• Like 1
  • Wow 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Hunker down, get a good night's rest with the rain drumming on the hull, and make a new list of questions. 

Delivery day can get overwhelming.  Take your time to relax, and enjoy your shiny new surroundings. 

Congratulations!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Nice Ollie - nice truck.

Did you stop into Tractor Supply to get one of these hitch pins?  They make pulling and inserting that pin a bunch easier.

P1020031.JPG

I will get one tomorrow!

IMG_4183.jpeg

IMG_4180.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Congratulations! It'll all come easy after a few trips.

That photo from the campground is beautiful! And probably the last time you'll have those overly bright exterior lights on. 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Steve Morris said:

And probably the last time you'll have those overly bright exterior lights on.

They only seem overly bright until you almost step on that snake that is trying to warm itself on that nice black asphalt.😵

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Got a nicer pin, but didn’t see the one with the red handle at the Tractor Supply in Hohenwald. Still, this one has a handle and the pin has a handle, too. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, topgun2 said:

Great idea - One is none, 2 is One....  I'll get a couple.  Thanks @topgun2!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• 1 month later...

2023 Chevrolet Express 4x4 - 2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull 529 - Roaming the Western US with Skye (my dog) (and at times my Canadian partner). 

FWIW, I bought the Tractor Supply pin way back when.  Managed to bend the handle on a tight turn, but it still worked...though the pin seemed really snug.

While having my AC replaced with a Truma I spotted a similar pin on the accessories shelf in Service, but it didn't have as big a handle and I think the diameter may be a hair less than the Tractor Supply model...seemed to make hooking up a bit easier.  Very happy with it.

• Like 2

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Ralph Mawyer said:

While having my AC replaced with a Truma I spotted a similar pin on the accessories shelf in Service, but it didn't have as big a handle and I think the diameter may be a hair less than the Tractor Supply model...seemed to make hooking up a bit easier.  Very happy with it.

Its possible that the diameter is slightly less (I'm sure that these things are made in China and probably not to the highest quality control standards), but, when brand new they do have a light coating of something on the pin.  Once that coating wears off the "easier" tends to go away.  To help with this - I give mine a light coat of dry lube and try to keep it clean.

Bill

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ralph Mawyer said:

Managed to bend the handle on a tight turn, but it still worked...though the pin seemed really snug.

Same thing happened to mine, Ralph.  I put the original back into service.  It really helps to shape the end of the pin, a little, on a grinding wheel....makes it MUCH easier to get the pin started into the hole :)

John

• Like 1

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

https://wenandjohnsadventure.com/