2024 model year minor changes..

Galway Girl

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • 2 months later...

I don't see the 2-5/16” Bulldog Coupler or Andersen No-Sway Hitch System as an option on the 2024 build sheet!

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

The extra items like bulldog coupler upgrade are considered a service dept upgrade and on a separate price list. 

• Like 1

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Galway Girl said:

The extra items like bulldog coupler upgrade are considered a service dept upgrade and on a separate price list.

Ah gotcha, was just curious because those options were on my 2023 build sheet. Thanks!  

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

On 10/31/2023 at 8:31 AM, FLYnGATOR said:

New bathroom door confirmed with Josh White.

Any idea what this change will be?  If there is one thing I find mildly annoying in VellOllie it’s the bathroom door.  It makes way too much noise when you fully open and close it.

• Like 2

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, VBistro said:

Any idea what this change will be?  If there is one thing I find mildly annoying in VellOllie it’s the bathroom door.  It makes way too much noise when you fully open and close it.

What kind of noise?  Hinges?  Ours is very quiet.

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

2 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

As is the bathroom door in our 2022 Elite II.

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators

As I currently understand it - 

the "new" bathroom door will be similar to the closet door in both look and in the hardware that is used for the latch etc..  Also, as with the current door, the large mirror will still be used on the "outside" of the door - the side facing the interior of the cabin.

Bill

p.s.  I think that the "noise" being referred to is caused when opening the door and the magnets don't all release the door at the same time.  This causes to door to "vibrate" which, in turn, causes the noise.  It is either that or the door hits against the frame when opened or closed causing the noise.

Bill

Edited by topgun2
spelling
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Our Head Door seems like an afterthought.  It would be a nicer fit/finish with a similar styled door as the closet door, IMO.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators
2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

p.s.  I think that the "noise" being referred to is caused when opening the door and the magnets don't all release the door at the same time.  This causes to door to "vibrate" which, in turn, causes the noise.  It is either that or the door hits against the frame when opened or closed causing the noise.

So the new doors are held closed by magnets?  The little latch is gone?  I put in a magnet to hold the door open.  Mike

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

19 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

As described by TopGun — it’s difficult to release the door, which causes the whole thing to shake and make a racket. We had them adjust it once on pick-up, and that lasted about two days, so I’m not really sure their adjustment did much.  It seems to be highly dependent on just how perfectly level we manage to get.

mb

• Like 3

MaryBeth
Boulder, CO

2022 Elite II #953
TV: 2021 Ford Expedition Max Platinum, Max Tow Package

COKSMONESDTNUTWYmed.jpg

26 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

So the new doors are held closed by magnets?  The little latch is gone?  I put in a magnet to hold the door open.  Mike

Yep.  Our Hull #1291 has a full-strip magnet which holds the door closed.  We like it a lot.

• Like 6

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Mike and Carol said:

So the new doors are held closed by magnets?

I don't know if there is any magnet(s) on the new doors or not.  But, I'm assuming that the other hardware - the latch - will be similar to the latch that is on the closet door.

54 minutes ago, Rivernerd said:

Yep.  Our Hull #1291 has a full-strip magnet which holds the door closed.  We like it a lot.

Yes - mine operates as it should.  However, particularly if the camper is a fair degree out of level, the strip of magnet at one corner or the other may not "release" at the same rate as the rest of the door.  This can cause the door to vibrate as apparently VBistro is mentioning.  The solution(s) to this problem is to either correct the alignment of the door or open the door more slowly or reduce the amount of magnetic attraction that is occurring.  Of course, if you reduce the amount of magnetic attraction then you might be in trouble going down the road if you forget to use the latch or some other means to secure the door.

Bill

p.s.  Mike - this only has to do with the bath door being opened and nothing to do with it being held open.

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

1 hour ago, Rivernerd said:

Same here, zero issues. 👍🏻

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

p.s.  Mike - this only has to do with the bath door being opened and nothing to do with it being held open.

I wasn’t clear… I was asking if doors on newer Olivers were held shut by magnets.  I think @Rivernerd answered that.  My old door has a latch to keep it closed.  I added a magnet inside the dinette seat to keep it open.  Mike

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike and Carol said:

I added a magnet inside the dinette seat to keep it open.  Mike

Same here - works great...

• Like 2

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators
22 hours ago, John Dorrer said:

So they haven't gotten rid of the touch lights that have been problems.

I had previously heard (and it was discussed here on the Forum) that the touch lights were not going to be present on the 2024 models.

However, I've not heard anything additional on this subject.

Bill

p.s.  It has also been confirmed that the upper fridge vent on the exterior of the Ollie will not be there anymore - i.e. the outside shell will be smooth.  However, the bottom fridge vent that turned into a collapsible table will continue to be the table.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

• Moderator+

My original bathroom door (Hull #050) was the same door that was on our previous Hull #026. They were hand crafted at the factory and had a full length magnetic strip along the leading edge to hold it shut. There was also the twist latch. 

At some time, they decided to have the doors made outside rather than in house. I would have suspected they were made the same way, with the magnetic strip. 

The main reasons for the manual latch were to keep the door from opening when you bump it with your butt while taking a shower and, of course, to keep the bears out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

On 11/2/2023 at 7:49 PM, John Dorrer said:

So they haven't gotten rid of the touch lights that have been problems. Two of ours have failed in the first 2 years.

I learned the 2024’s will not have touch lights they will have lights that use an on off switch to operate the light per OTT service.

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg