-
Posts
1,816 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
43
Everything posted by mossemi
-
I have a 2004 EU2000i I am not sure if the EU2200i would fit or not. My generator has to be sitting in the correct position so that the handle fits between the ribs of the inside top which run length wise. The pictures usually show the the outside of the top and those ribs run width wise. And I would say the price below is better than what I saw on Amazon. Mossey
-
That would be the Buckeye Pavilion, (from someone who does remember). Mossey
-
I use the same Rubbermaid container to carry my Honda generator in the back of our SUV. I have never used it in the front basket because I don’t carry anything of value there. I have never tested it in the rain, but it does keep the gasoline fumes contained. You could always put some silicone or rubber edge trim around the top lip of the tub to create a gasket. Mossey
-
New generator Champion 3500 duel fuel
mossemi replied to Vic and Wanda Shumate's topic in Ollie Boondocking
That is a great upgrade for Bessie! Mossey -
Rubber window molding outside is getting discolored
mossemi replied to Jheim's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
Make sure you order a little extra. Then you can add a little piece if they shorten up. I have added pieces to the top of the windows to fill the small gaps. I never figured out if I cut them short or if they shrunk on their own, but I do usually blame myself. After all, I touched it last. Mossey -
We added new singles from Southern Mattress in North Carolina when we converted from a standard to twin bed arrangement. They are very light and easy to lift or move. We find the comfort level to very good, although comfort is very subjective. I would suggest locating a mattress manufacturer in your area and discuss their bedding options. It would make it easier to try before buying. Mossey
-
@ScubaRx Didn’t you move your water supply lines from the rear wall of the basement to a mid cabin location behind the fresh/grey water tanks when you completed your recent plumbing mods? That seems like a location less susceptible to cold weather events. Mossey
-
Since this post has two different but related subjects, are you referring to the Lagun table mount or the standard to twin bed conversion? Overland’s original implementation of the Lagun table mount was in his twin bed LE2. AndrewK ordered the rails and rivets from Oliver and converted his standard to twin beds himself. We dropped our standard LE2 off at the factory for the standard to twin bed conversion while heading from Florida to Illinois for a family reunion. Since AndrewK is based in San Diego, CA., the cross country drive would not have been convenient. I do believe he was the first to complete this mod in the field. I hope I didn’t make this answer any more confusing than needed. Mossey
-
I am sure C&M Currie will respond with more information about this mod, but until then I have included a plumbing and electrical diagram from the 2017 LE2 manual to help you focus on the what it might entail. Mossey Plumbing Diagram Wiring Diagram
-
Dual-pane windows or Single-pane pros/cons...here we go
mossemi replied to Todd B's topic in General Discussion
Thank you for the information! Mossey -
Did you winterize? 😂 Mossey
-
Dual-pane windows or Single-pane pros/cons...here we go
mossemi replied to Todd B's topic in General Discussion
Did you get the replacement glass from Oliver? And I must add "excellent caulking job" on the outer frame! Which caulk did you use? Mossey -
I know it’s early, but this is my favorite for post of the year. It’ great to see the widespread participation. The history lessons are really just memories for a lot of us. Thanks Mainiac for getting the ball rolling! Mossey
-
Jason, Thank you for the update and clarification! It is always good to hear explanations concerning changes to Oliver Travel Trailer production from the service department. Mossey
-
Looking for solution for charging multiple devices
mossemi replied to Kathy Tewart's topic in General Discussion
We have a 120v duplex outlet, a cigarette lighter outlet and a USB port on both sides of our nightstand. I have kicked and broken a couple of USB connectors while sleeping, so we only use the ones on Krunch’s side. As some of you know, she’s short enough that her feet can’t reach them while sleeping.😉 Mossey -
All of my zerks are oriented to the inside of the frame. So I use a creeper and the only trouble spot for me is getting my belly under the axles.🤔 Mossey
-
Houghton Retrofit Process & Questions
mossemi replied to Geronimo John's topic in Mechanical & Technical Tips
GJ This is a picture of the Dometic A/C drain kit instructions. The 14" square gasket in your picture of the drain kit is used in addition to the existing 14" gasket around the hull penetration with a notch cut into the original to allow passage of the drain tube from the cups to the internal drain tube. The 2 straight gaskets are stacked at the rear of the base plate to level to unit. Mossey -
Thanks Jason! We have traveled through Oregon but never camped there. I’ll have to keep the article handy for planning future camping adventures. Mossey
-
Is the trickle charger an external unit that connects directly to the batteries? Have you verified that the trickle charger does in fact shut off when the batteries reach a fully charged condition? A lot of the trickle chargers simply reduce their output when the battery is fully charged. Will you turn off the Oliver 12v charging function? Mossey
-
The only shrinkage I have noticed with the Pelland Enterprises replacement seal is in the length. So when you are cutting a replacement, try not to stretch the seal and cut it long. If it is too long to install then you will have some left to trim. Mossey
-
Wow! What a difference 18 hours make. Stay safe! Mossey
-
You best bet would to be look at the label on the bottom side of the original panels. The label should look like the picture below, but have different values. Search online for a PWM solar charge controller calculator if you are going to use the stock Zamp controller. Or multiply the Short Circuit Current / Isc value by 1.25 to find the max amperage value you need to account for. Mossey
- 1 reply
-
- 3
-
-
-
The Honda’s require a neutral/ground bonding plug that is inserted into the generator outlet that is not supplying power to the trailer. Search YouTube for Mike Sokol. He has some valuable information. Mossey
-
Are you using a generator bonding plug in your generator? Mossey
