We saw an Ollie

We saw our first Oliver out and about.  We got excited!  We are sharing Shepard State Park with another Oliver.  By all appearances they are from Georgia. 

https://shepardstatepark.com/

Doing the forum wave to you.  Oh, and you better go eat at Bozo's.  Great sea food and the perfect ambiance. 

image.png.4742ca073d2d6c502d27d14cd41b2371.png

https://www.mybozos.com/

Edited by HDRider
  • Like 4

Jeff & Cindy - NE Arkansas - 2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
On 3/19/2024 at 8:37 PM, Jason Foster said:

Don't forget, it is an Oliver requirement to go meet them with a six pack of quality beer.

Or good Texas Vodka!🤩

• Like 3

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators
Just now, jd1923 said:

Or good Texas Vodka!🤩

Tito's! Always in the cupboard.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Posted (edited)

Turns out he is a Georgia boy living in North Carolina.  Super nice folks.  He is a long time Ollie owner and active camper.  I learned a lot from our short conversation.  I suspect that is just a taste of what we might learn at the owners rally. 

Edited by HDRider
  • Like 4

Jeff & Cindy - NE Arkansas - 2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

• 1 month later...

Thought we saw one, in a RV park near Cedar City UT which you could see from I-15. Chris saw it and I looked left and caught a millisecond glimpse while driving. Can’t be sure on this one.

Stopped tonight at Grand Canyon Caverns on Hwy 66 in Peach Springs AZ. Couldn’t find anybody working here, the many campsites mostly empty except one and now there are two Olivers here and nobody else!

Never seen a hull # printed large front and back. Think it’s hull 867? Knocked on the door. No answer and no TV even now at 9 PM. Has IL plates. Seen an Oliver for sure today and it looks good!

IMG_2790.jpeg

Posted (edited)

We spotted an Oliver yesterday on I-40 going westbound near Tucumcari, NM connected to a white pickup...  any clues who they may have been?  Staying at a HH near Palo Dura canyon and headed to FT Smith, AR this morning, we'll be on the look out for OTTs!

Cheers!

Edited by MAX Burner
Arkansas, not Alaska --- HA! Fixed the fat finger typo
  • Like 2

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, MAX Burner said:

we'll be on the look out for OTTs!

The closer you get to the Rally - the more you will see!

Safe travels to all that are (or soon will be) on the road to the Rally.  Please be careful out there.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

Posted (edited)

Passed by an Elite II Sat April 13th on I-57 South between Mt Vernon and Benton IL... Washington State plates, "Urge for Going" on the back.

Still kinda rare in the wild... this was the only one we encountered on the highway or in a campground during 18 days and about 4,000 miles through parts of NY, OH, IN, IL, MO, AR, TX, LA, MS, AL, TN (not near Hohenwald), VA, WV, MD, PA. Also saw a couple of Casitas, and a Park Liner; no Scamps or Escapes either. Can't always see the opposite side of the highway, so some might've slipped by undetected 🙂

Edited by ADKCamper
  • Like 2

Tom & Holly

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite I #409 - 2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3L Gas, 4x4 Z71, Dbl Cab, Std Bed

2024-05-03OliverCampedStates(medium).jpg.8db75a0e11bba4f2fa20c9101af1ca0c.jpg

Turns out the Oliver we found (pictured above), is owned by @Allen Lee Rohner.

Too bad we did not get to meet, but they left us a nice note outside. They must have got back to camp after dark and had an early departure planned. We slept in 'til 9 AM (testament to after 2 1/2 weeks I'm finally getting used to sleeping in that short Oliver single!

I sent them a text this morning, inviting them to Prescott. It would be great if they would, and we should talk soon. We ran Illinois plates too, from the 70s to the late 90s, Chris and I both being born and raised in Chicagoland.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jd1923 said:

Chris and I both being born and raised in Chicagoland.

My bride was raised in Chicago, too - and now (as of last November) our daughter lives/works there!  Small world for sure and for certain...

• Like 1

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Our most recent sightings:

Thur May 2 -
Target - Eastbound I40 
Description: Oliver EII - White Truck / All White Oliver no front Logo

Sun May 5 -
Target - Eastbound I40
Location - Between Flagstaff and Winslow MP 218
Description: Truck (Blue?) Oliver EII - Blue & Gold Logo on Front

Craig & Rose
Galway Girl - Hull 505

• Like 2

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

On 5/7/2024 at 10:16 AM, jd1923 said:

Turns out the Oliver we found (pictured above), is owned by @Allen Lee Rohner.

Too bad we did not get to meet, but they left us a nice note outside. They must have got back to camp after dark and had an early departure planned. We slept in 'til 9 AM (testament to after 2 1/2 weeks I'm finally getting used to sleeping in that short Oliver single!

I sent them a text this morning, inviting them to Prescott. It would be great if they would, and we should talk soon. We ran Illinois plates too, from the 70s to the late 90s, Chris and I both being born and raised in Chicagoland.

John,   Thanks for the invite.  We drove  down Peach Springs Canyon to the Colorado River on the Grand Canyon. We spent all day lounging by the Colorado River.   Next morning we headed to Mojave Desert.  Allen 

2021 Oliver Elite II, Hull # 867,    Shiloh, IL

2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0L Diesel, CarbonPro

IMG_0966.jpeg.4f037cb1afdf8eed3dac8f2618d92271.jpeg

9 hours ago, Allen Lee Rohner said:

John,   Thanks for the invite.  We drove  down Peach Springs Canyon to the Colorado River on the Grand Canyon. We spent all day lounging by the Colorado River.   Next morning we headed to Mojave Desert.  Allen 

Nice! I know of that route. I was not sure if it was a road for 4x4s, or instead a road where you could tow your Oliver all the way down. I'm assuming you pulled your Oliver down to the Colorado! Please confirm quality of the road. Is it some paved, all dirt, OK for towing? Ample level boondocking sites at the river?

That's a local trip for us, so we should do it soon. BTW, I can't stand I-40 from Flagstaff to Kingman, the trucks at 75 MPH, steep descents, construction always and bad pavement regardless. I found on this trip that we can get from home to Kingman, a trip I do several times a year, only traveling on I-40 for 7 miles. We take US-89 from Prescott to Ash Fork AZ (47 miles from home) and 7 miles west of Ash Fork you can exit on Hwy-66 and take that to Seligman, up to Peach Springs and down to Kingman. It's a beautiful route too and only adds a half hour to the route.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

John,   We did not take the Oliver down Indian RTE 6 to the Colorado River.    We left the trailer at Grand Canyon Caverns Inn.    The Indian RTE 6 was not paved but very rocky and had a lot of washboard.   Trip was 20 miles down to the River, taken One Hour to make the trip with Truck only.  Also you need a permit from Hualapai Game & Fish locate in Peach Springs, AZ .  The permit cost $16.27 per person.   When we made to the river,  an Hualapai Game official check if I had the permit.

I just made it home last Thursday.    Trip duration  04-10-24 to 06-27-24.

Best Regards,

Allen

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

2021 Oliver Elite II, Hull # 867,    Shiloh, IL

2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0L Diesel, CarbonPro

IMG_0966.jpeg.4f037cb1afdf8eed3dac8f2618d92271.jpeg

Thank you @Allen Lee Rohner, and wow what a trip! One day sooner and we would have met. Hope to visit with you at a meet someday.

You have a lot of states to fill in on your map now, Arizona, California, and all points in between from Illinois and back!