KTT

Dream Girl

Just looking for new or old feedback on the KTT mattress upgrade.  Coming up on our date of no return and just hoping for good advice.  Ordering LE ll with standard floor plan.   Delivery September 29.   Thanks Mike

2015 Dodge Ram 1500.  2021 Elite ll Standard. Hull #905

Dream Girl,

We decided against the KTT mattresses for three reasons:

- Price

- Latex is too bouncy for us.  
- Latex mattresses are very heavy

We went with Tochta mattress and are very happy with them.

Andrew

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

We went with Southern Mattress.  Little less expensive plus we have the original cushions.  We are happy with our choice.  We also got mattress covers and sheets from AB lifestyles.  The bottom sheets and mattress covers are cut with the radius to accommodate the curves in the hull of the Oliver.  We have a twin bed model but both Southern Mattress and AB have the patterns for all Oliver floor plans.  Very good service from both companies.  

We also went with the twin Southern Mattresses. We did not get the cushions for the bed area we just paid to upgrade the dinette only to the upgraded upholstery. Still saved us about $400 plus even after shipping and paying to upgrade upholstery. We also purchased sheets & mattress pads from AB Lifestyles.

Cindy

• Like 1

Charlie & Cindy / Cleburne, TX / 2021 Elite II Hull #743 / 2013 Ford F250 Diesel 4WD Supercab

States we've camped in our Oliver:

ALAZLANMTNTXUTsm.jpg

We went with the stock mattresses in our standard layout at the recommendation of Oliver sales.  The reasoning was that the center cushion, if KTT, would be so bulky and heavy that it would make changing to the dinette setup a challenge.

My wife Chris put together two 2" memory foam toppers to which she fitted sheets.  These are rolled up and stuffed in the backseat of our pickup when not in use.  It takes only minutes to switch from full bed to dinette set-up or back using this system.  The two toppers, laid over the stock cushions, makes for a very comfy bed.

• Like 2

We have the KTT mattresses and like them.  But we also have the twin beds and the mattresses are heavy.  I can move them around but it's not fun.  I don't think that I would want them in the standard floor plan.

• Like 1

We opted for Southern Mattresses shipped right to our home. No regrets and the North Carolina company was absolutely great to work with. 
Roll with what works best for you!

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

I went with stock cushions and memory foam topper.   I also got sheets/mattress pads from AB.   I don’t full time or spend weeks at a time in my trailer so it did not seem like needed upgrade.  Plus with southern mattress option you can always upgrade later. 

2021 Legacy Elite II Hull #807 - 2021 F150 w/ 3.5L EB and max tow package 

• Moderators

Fourteenth season now with original cushion, just replaced second topper with a new memory foam topper. 

The cushions are included, and easier to move around and remove than a mattress, especially in our smaller Elite. We leave the bed set up all the time, but have to move cushions a few times a year to change valves, access systems, etc .

I'd personally give them a try, first. With good toppers.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We also opted for the KTT mattresses. They are heavy, but as we don't often need to go into the storage area, it's not a big deal. They are very comfortable, and we think a good nights sleep is worth it. Not to sat they are better than others, like Southern Comfort, but it was nice to have them ready to go at delivery time. 

Jeff Simone and Katie Thibodeau

2021 Oliver Elite II Hull # 802

Tow Vehicle; 2018 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 6.0 Liter Vortec

Original cushions and foam toppers have worked great for us.. wasn’t expecting them to but figured we’d give it a try.. glad we did.

• Like 1

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

Maybe a good avenue for us on this question would be does any one have the Standard floor plan with the KTT upgrade???    All of your feedback is so helpful.   Thanks a lot.   Tina and Mike

2015 Dodge Ram 1500.  2021 Elite ll Standard. Hull #905

I bought the KTT mattresses this spring for my used twin bed Ollie which came with cushionis. After sleeping on my boat (with upgraded mattesses) for 10 year, I wanted mattresses not cushions. There is nothing better than a good nights sleep.

I got the KTT mattresses a little firmer than standard and they are the best and it is like sleeping on my mattress at home, which I also love.

I think the KTT's are well worth the investment if you plan on sleeping in the Ollie for extended times.

They are a little heavy but not as heavy as my home mattress.

Not sure what the weight of the standard floor plan mattress (mattresses) is but you could call KTT and find out how many mattresses make up the standard floor plan (maybe two) and what the weight of each is.

• Like 1

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

We choose the KTT mattresses and are very happy with them. Two years ago we switched our home mattress from a temperpedic to an organic latex mattress and we loved it.  Latex is a natural product and environmentally friendly, it doesn’t off gas, it is mold resistant, it is extremely durable ( some research claims it will last 20+ years), and it is dust and mite resistant, and very supportive. I have severe allergies and I did do extensive research on latex mattresses. My husband says he sleeps better in the Oliver than he does at home!

• Like 1

We did not spec the KTT mattresses on our order but while waiting for build we found a beautiful fully equipped LEII Hull 428. She came equipped with the KTT twin set up and I love it! I can say I do sleep better on them than anywhere and it would be hard to not replace them now if I were ordering! They are heavy so the standard set up would be challenging.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I've found this to be an interesting thread.

For us, best sleep is in the wilderness,  regardless of mattress.

Fresh air is invigorating in the day, intoxicating at night. I sleep better, and far longer,  in our camper than anywhere,  with 14 year old cushions, and a memory foam topper.

Everything is personal.  I always recommend that people start with cushions and a pad, then decide. Standard cushions are included. Memory foam pad (queen cut in two for twins) is under $80 . Upgrade is probably the same price later, if you feel you need it.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...

So we have our LEII twin bed floor plan coming on April 29, 2022 (I know...long time!).   We've ordered the KTT mattress's (it seems most everyone is quite happy with them).  We want to order fitted sheets for them.... but how thick are the mattresses... and any other advice prior to ordering top and bottom sheets would be appreciated.

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

• 2 weeks later...