I have a "luxury travel trailer"?

Is it my imagination or is there a new main page for the OTT website? I have mixed feelings about hauling around a "luxury travel trailer". Of course it costs enough to be in the luxury category, but the trailer itself is so understated. Not flashy. Not glamorous. Unless you know what you're looking for, you might not see what makes it a luxury trailer. I'm going to be self-conscious now. Lol.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 8.01.21 PM.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

2021 Elite II #841, 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

How about, "Tough", "Made-to-last", "Resistant"?

• Like 6

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

On 3/15/2024 at 1:42 AM, Steph and Dud B said:

"High Quality," yes. Luxury? Not like many shoppers would define it, I think.

My sister has a Luxury Travel Van made in Canada that is high on bling, but in my eyes, is lower in function than our 2022 LE2.

John

• Like 2

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Did you guys not get the optional Jacuzzi tub, the crystal chandelier and the other items in the "luxury" package?

• Haha 6

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

29 minutes ago, HDRider said:

Did you guys not get the optional Jacuzzi tub, the crystal chandelier and the other items in the "luxury" package?

We were going to, but it would have put us over our GVWR with our golf cart in the rear garage.

• Haha 6

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

These days, having a travel trailer that you can take on a long trip and not have it break down at every stop should be considered a "luxury".  Maybe that's what the marketing gurus were trying to convey.  🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dennis and Melissa said:

still the best product on the market despite that 😀

Concur, 100%!  Although it could use a B-17 Flying Fortress navigator's plexiglas observation bubble instead of the bathroom fan for us tall dudes.... just say'n

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

spacer.png

• 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs

23 hours ago, Jim and Frances said:

@MAX Burner taking a quick shower?😳

THAT's what I'm talking about - definitely prefer the twin-.50CAL option!!!

Edited by MAX Burner
fixed a typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

spacer.png

On 3/18/2024 at 8:59 AM, Dennis and Melissa said:

6’2” + ollie2 wet bath is NOT luxury. 

Not if you were a tent camper for 67 years.  It is pure pleasure!

PS:  I'm 6'3  225 and love our wet bath!

🙂

GJ

Edited by Geronimo John
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Geronimo John said:

Not if you were a tent camper for 67 years.  It is pure pleasure!

PS:  I'm 6'3  225 and love our wet bath!

I can't imagine what the first bath in 67 years must feel like - no wonder you like it.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Administrators

Oliver has always been considered a luxury travel trailer, like a yacht or a sailboat, even in 2017 when I first started. Perhaps not in terms of having a jacuzzi but in other ways. Technology, Features, Quality, Etc. 

• Like 4

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, aaronorange said:

Luxury is in the eye of the beholder! 😉 

Yup.

For us, luxury is dry, warm, stuff that works. Easy tow. Easy entrance to campsites that sunblockers can't use.

I never thought if our trailer as lux, til this conversation,  but it truly is, for us. 

Loving my 2008.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

image.png.2373d07ef74d48f8385f565142599bfa.png

I didn't realize I was buying a palace when I got my LE2.  Ok, I opted for the thicker mattresses and the roof mounted air conditioner (what?  that's standard?).  I also purchased the upgraded lithium battery option.  However, with all of the options I put on it, it will never be as comfortable or as extravagant as:

image.thumb.png.bd5a09c8784a8a5308570b75200af49d.png

image.png.a733e410a834ef4987904b6e119d8f4f.png

To me, luxury has a different meaning and something I wouldn't buy for any amount of money.  I bought my Oliver because it is the best built, highest quality travel trailer that makes the absolute best use of space in the industry.  Lux?  No way.

• Like 7

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

14 minutes ago, JWalmsley said:

Here is the full definition.

Based on that definition, I would say that our Oliver is a luxury, but isn't luxurious. And that's what we wanted.

• Like 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

11 hours ago, JWalmsley said:

That is one amazing motorhome!

Here is the full definition.
image.png.ab4abbc9d54a5bca88361be4c0467b77.png

I still don't believe it fits.  First, the Oliver in my opinion IS essential when you compare it to other worse built, more expensive trailers.  It is desirable, but only by a few in the know people who want something that is built well.  People who want luxury look for the extravagant and there are plenty of those around.  Most of them are being sold by their original owners because they were actually junk.  Oliver isn't difficult to obtain and, in my opinion, isn't very expensive.  

So, is an Oliver trailer a self-indulgence?  Maybe, but only after having some real crap over the years.  If I had just bought this trailer instead of the handful of other ones, then I would have saved a whole lot of money.  Compared to that, the Oliver is really cheap.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

When people ask me how I like my LE2, my canned response is, "I Love it, If you can live with the size, you won't find a better built trailer." I point out that Oliver makes two sizes and this is the bigger one. We have the king bed so when people look inside all they see is the bed and then the small kitchen/dinette area. It is functional but if we have to stay inside for bad weather it gets pretty small pretty fast. We're considering a larger trailer for when we stay for an extended time but for a month or less on the road you can't get a better unit. I wish they offered a larger unit, but alas, I expect it is no closer to reality then when I first asked about a bigger unit back in 2020. I'm told that it costs millions to R&D a new mold from drawing board to production. IMO, at this point Oliver is producing some of the best trailers on the market in their size and class. You can't beat it for the money. 

• Like 4

spacer.png

Albert & Terri Sterns

Paonia, Colorado

Elite II Hull #1125 Standard Floorplan / 2017 Ford F250 gas

• Moderators
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jason Foster said:

is an Oliver trailer a self-indulgence?  Maybe, but only after having some real crap over the years.  If I had just bought this trailer instead of the handful of other ones, then I would have saved a whole lot of money.  Compared to that, the Oliver is really cheap.

That's our thought.

We've talked about it, many times.

Over the past 16 seasons, how would one of the others fared? Rubber roofs, interior rot,  leaks, etc.

I'm good with what I own, 16 seasons in. 

It was expensive,  yes. The longevity, yes.

Problem free? What? A few. Nothing major.

In it for the long run.

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Jason Foster said:

This sentence describes me to the core in everything I do.

Us, too.

40+ year old fiberglass boat. Built the house to 100+ year standards.

We won't be around to see that, but, hey, maybe our daughter will enjoy it.

My truck is 18 years young. Love it, every day.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4