The Many Benefits of Owning a Toy Hauler Trailer

JWalmsley

• Administrators

Share and Enjoy !

Shares

If you're in the market for an RV, you might be wondering if a toy hauler trailer is the right choice for you. These trailers are becoming increasingly popular, thanks to their many benefits. In this article, we'll explore some of the reasons why toy haulers are so great. Keep reading to learn more. Toy haulers are trailers that are specifically designed to transport large items like motorcycles, ATVs, and other recreational vehicles (RVs). They usually have a ramp or door at the back for easy loading and unloading. Some toy haulers also have living quarters inside, making them ideal for long trips.

The many benefits of owning a toy hauler trailer

Toy haulers are trailers that are specifically designed to transport large items like motorcycles, ATVs, and other recreational vehicles (RVs). They usually have a ramp or door at the back for easy loading and unloading. Some toy haulers also have living quarters inside, making them ideal for long trips.

There are many benefits to owning a toy hauler trailer. First of all, they're very versatile. You can use them to transport your toys to and from the campground, but you can also use them as temporary living quarters if you're going on a long trip. Toy haulers are also great if you like to go off-roading or participate in other outdoor activities. And because they have living quarters inside, you can bring all the comforts of home with you on your trip.

If you're considering a toy hauler trailer, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you need to make sure that your vehicle can tow the trailer. Toy haulers are usually very heavy, so you'll need a large SUV or truck to tow it. You also need to decide if you want a travel trailer or fifth wheel toy hauler. Travel trailers are easier to maneuver but fifth wheels offer more space and amenities. Whichever type you choose, make sure to do your research so you know what features are important to you and what you can live without. Owning a toy hauler trailer is a great way to enjoy the outdoors with all the comforts of home.

Why toy haulers are becoming increasingly popular

Toy haulers are becoming increasingly popular for a number of reasons. First, they're very versatile. You can use them to transport your toys to and from the campground, but you can also use them as temporary living quarters if you're going on a long trip. Toy haulers are also great if you like to go off-roading or participate in other outdoor activities. And because they have living quarters inside, you can bring all the comforts of home with you on your trip.

Another reason toy haulers are gaining popularity is that they offer a lot of bang for your buck. When you compare them to other RVs on the market, toy haulers are often more affordable and offer more features. This makes them a great option for anyone who wants to enjoy the outdoors without breaking the bank.

Screen-Shot-2022-11-02-at-5.11.22-PM.png

How toy hauler trailers compare to travel trailers and fifth wheels

Toy haulers are usually larger and heavier than travel trailers, making them difficult to maneuver. However, they offer more space and amenities than travel trailers. Fifth wheels are the largest type of toy hauler trailer and offer the most space and luxury features. There are lots of similarities as well as differences between toy haulers, travel trailers, and fifth wheels. It's important to decide which features are most important to you before making a purchase. Whichever type you choose, make sure to do your research so you know what features are important to you and what you can live without.

If you're considering a toy hauler trailer, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you need to make sure that your vehicle can tow the trailer. Toy haulers are usually very heavy, so you'll need a large SUV or truck to tow it. You also need to decide if you want a travel trailer or fifth wheel toy hauler.

Travel trailers are easier to maneuver. Travel trailers are a good choice for people who don't plan on hauling toys, off road vehicles, and other large gear. They are easy to hook up and tow, and can be packed with a lot of features and amenities.

Fifth wheels offer more space and better maneuverability. Fifth wheels are a good choice for people who want to haul larger toys and gear. They offer more space than travel trailers, and some fifth wheels even have toy storage in the front of the trailer. Fifth wheels are also easier to maneuver than travel trailers, making them a good choice for people who plan on doing a lot of off-roading or driving in areas with tight turns.

No matter which type you choose, make sure to do your research so you know what features are important to you and what you can live without. Owning a toy hauler trailer is a great way to enjoy the outdoors with all the comforts of home and so is owning a travel trailer. If you're considering one, make sure to keep the above factors in mind. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask us in the comments below. We're happy to help! Thanks for reading.

Share and Enjoy !

Shares

The post The Many Benefits of Owning a Toy Hauler Trailer appeared first on Oliver Travel Trailers.

Read the Full Article

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

Why is this even here?

Please delete.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Strange that Oliver would promote the sale of toy haulers when they don't make one.  I agree with John Davies:  does this thread belong on the Oliver Forum?

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

28 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Why is this even here?

Please delete.

John Davies

Spokane WA

I thought the same thing. OliverTravel Trailer forum promoting toy haulers! Why? They are marketing toy haulers now? Are they building one? 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators
40 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Why is this even here?

9 minutes ago, Rivernerd said:

does this thread belong on the Oliver Forum?

8 minutes ago, Katjo said:

I thought the same thing. OliverTravel Trailer forum promoting toy haulers! Why?

I'm not surprised at all by this article.

In my experience with Oliver I've never gotten the impression that they only saw me as a person to sell a trailer to.  I was even asked why I wanted an Oliver at one point.  Potential customers come to this Forum because they are interested in RV's - not just because they are interested in Olivers.  Indeed, some that come to the Forum eventually decide (for a whole host of reasons) to not buy an Oliver.  A few buy an Oliver and later decide that there is something they think will satisfy their needs better.

Given the popularity of toy haulers, why not address the elephant in the room?  I've always believed that more information is better and should lead to owners that have considered the pluses and minuses of all the choices in the market.

Bill

• Like 6

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

2 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

I'm not surprised at all by this article.

In my experience with Oliver I've never gotten the impression that they only saw me as a person to sell a trailer to.  I was even asked why I wanted an Oliver at one point.  Potential customers come to this Forum because they are interested in RV's - not just because they are interested in Olivers.  Indeed, some that come to the Forum eventually decide (for a whole host of reasons) to not buy an Oliver.  A few buy an Oliver and later decide that there is something they think will satisfy their needs better.

Given the popularity of toy haulers, why not address the elephant in the room?  I've always believed that more information is better and should lead to owners that have considered the pluses and minuses of all the choices in the market.

Bill

But it’s an Oliver Travel Trailer Forum! Why not market Airstreams and Grand Designs here too?! Wouldn’t be appropriate and either is marketing toy haulers on an Oliver Travel Trailer forum, especially since they don’t make one. 
I didn’t come to this forum because I was interested in RV’s, I came to this forum because I was interested in Oliver’s. 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

Welcome to the Oliver Travel Trailer Forums
Our forum community is a place where owners of Oliver Travel Trailers and prospective owners can come together to collaborate about Oliver Travel Trailers and the lifestyle of camping. 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

Fixed it for you 😉

1342303429_ScreenShot2023-01-12at9_30_51AM.thumb.png.db8e1eda85f41e78bb540633d2192979.png

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Haha 4

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

7 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Bill

After seeing an Oliver Legacy Elite for the first time during 2010 at Mt. Pisgah Campground on the Blue Ridge Parkway, we really liked Oliver Travel Trailers and wanted one!

We also enjoy riding a motorcycle two up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Before buying Ollie, compared the pros & cons of buying a toy hauler to buying an Ollie. Oliver easily won for us because we also wanted Ollie for cross county travel and did not want to take a motorcycle on those trips. Plus we really like Ollie's looks, how efficient it is to tow, and how pleasant it is to camp in.

When we camp on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Federal campgrounds and want to take a motorcycle, we tow the motorcycle with another vehicle. It's allowed to stay in two campsites as long as you use two geezer cards for $10 per site per night. When we take a motorcycle, we don't stay during holiday weeks, so there's plenty of extra sites available for everyone.

One of our 2022 Trips to Mt. Pisgah Campground on the BRP:

2023011212211496--233327372255770592-L.j

2023011212214803--176914044911537075-L.j

2023011212204251--206644569192706221-L.j

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2015 LE2

• Moderators

I’m speaking for myself here, not the other moderators.  If an owner, Oliver employee, or even a prospective owner wants to post a general interest RV or camping article I don’t see any issue.  We’ve had owners sell their Oliver and purchase other brands (Black Series, Airstream and Kimberly) and have posted about them with discussions and questions that followed from current owners.  If a post or article has grammatical error that’s okay, too.  

We have members who join and don’t have a clue about camping or RV’s (like I was 8 years ago) and what Jason posted would be educational to them.  I didn’t know what a Toy Hauler was back when I joined the forum.  I learned a lot from the Fiberglass RV Forum, Airstream Forum and this forum.   I don’t see any marketing of other brand trailers going on, just general interest educational, pros/cons, etc.

What is not acceptable are offensive posts and posts that are soliciting business.  Unlike the Facebook group, we do allow links to products and information that owners post to be helpful to other owners.

If a thread or post is not of interest to you, don’t read it.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 8

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
Welcome to the Oliver Travel Trailer Forums
Our forum community is a place where owners of Oliver Travel Trailers and prospective owners can come together to collaborate about Oliver Travel Trailers and the lifestyle of camping.

Notice the last phrase in this opening welcome statement on our forum?   It speaks to the fact that prospective owners can come here to learn about the lifestyle of camping.  Folks who are searching the web for information about this unique style of living and relaxing are all welcome on our forum.  They might not truly know what it is they need and are casting a broad net during their initial investigations.  This article will help them in their endeavor.  Also, by linking their search to our forum, they may just learn about the awesome Oliver Travel Trailer which they had never even heard about before.  You never know, they could wind up being in their own Oliver right next door to you at the annual Oliver Travel Trailers rally next year!   That's one way the family grows, and that's a good thing.

The article is also posted in the Blog section of the forum which deals with the broader aspects of camping as well as some Oliver specific items. Feel free to pass it by if you'd prefer.
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 5

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

I find it perplexing that a few folks on the Oliver forum complain about restrictive practices on the Oliver Facebook page and other social media platforms, and then want to limit the scope of conversations and topics on this forum. I'll be the first one to say that some topics, language and view points can come across as distasteful, or inappropriate. But discussing different aspects of RVing in general is as far from those bad characteristics as a discussion could be. Complaining and even demanding the removal of any thread or conversation pertaining to any aspect of RVing comes across to me as most exclusive and distasteful, as long as the discussion maintains a respectful tone. There are a number of topics that I have found to be of little interest to me on this forum, so I don't bother to follow them. But topics of general interest about RV travels are always interesting to me. I'd rather read them here than have to search the net to find them. I hope that when we attend our first Oliver Rally we aren't made to feel like we can only talk about Oliver campers.

• Like 9

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

3 hours ago, rideandfly said:

we don't stay during holiday weeks, so there's plenty of extra sites available for everyone.

We haven't done the BRP since we sold our first travel trailer for a fifth wheel and would like to return, if we can. Are there really enough campsites available for a semi-spontaneous trip if we avoid those holiday weekends?

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

🤔 An LE2 with a hatch in the back for 2 bikes and an east-west double bed in front of that. Maybe eliminate the dinette for more room. Ta-da! An Oliver toy hauler! 😁

• Haha 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

You are all silly. The OP is clearly the web developer at Oliver.  They have linked a blog post FROM THE OLIVER WEBSITE to this form.  My guess is they are trying to add informative content to the website in an attempt get get more website hits and improve search results.   For example, if someone is wanting to read about toy haulers (or travel trailers in general based on other blog post)  Oliver is trying to lure them to their website. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

We haven't done the BRP since we sold our first travel trailer for a fifth wheel and would like to return, if we can. Are there really enough campsites available for a semi-spontaneous trip if we avoid those holiday weekends?

Yep, We never reserve a campsite at Mount Pisgah. Most of the Federal campgrounds on the NC BRP have about 1/2 of the sites as walk-up sites that cannot be reserved. These campgrounds can fill up during Holidays. When it's +90s and humid in the lower elevations of NC, Mt. Pisgah at 5,000 above sea level has very nice temps in August, see highs of 70s to 80F. No water/electricity at the sites, but not really needed with Ollie. I have been using a portable dump tank at Mt. Pisgah, but thinking about taking an extra length of black/grey dump hose keeping Ollie closer to level because of the descending grade at both ends of the dump station.

Don't know if Balsam campground has walk up sites or a dump station, it's above 5,000', it's a Federal campground not too far from the NC BRP.  The highest campground in NC, around 6,500', is Mt. Mitchell SP, but it's tent camping only.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2015 LE2

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, rideandfly said:

Are there really enough campsites available for a semi-spontaneous trip if we avoid those holiday weekends?

And, 

don't forget about the numerous campgrounds (both federal, State and private) that are off the BRP.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

54 minutes ago, rideandfly said:

Yep, We never reserve a campsite at Mount Pisgah. Most of the Federal campgrounds on the NC BRP have about 1/2 of the sites as walk-up sites that cannot be reserved. These campgrounds can fill up during Holidays. When it's +90s and humid in the lower elevations of NC, Mt. Pisgah at 5,000 above sea level has very nice temps in August, see highs of 70s to 80F. No water/electricity at the sites, but not really needed with Ollie. I have been using a portable dump tank at Mt. Pisgah, but thinking about taking an extra length of black/grey dump hose keeping Ollie closer to level because of the descending grade at both ends of the dump station.

Don't know if Balsam campground has walk up sites or a dump station, it's above 5,000', it's a Federal campground not too far from the NC BRP.  The highest campground in NC, around 6,500', is Mt. Mitchell SP, but it's tent camping only.

Bill,

One could spend the entire year camping in NC, gotta love our state! 😊👍🏻🇺🇸

Thanks for your post!

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

4 hours ago, Patriot said:

Bill,

One could spend the entire year camping in NC, gotta love our state! 😊👍🏻🇺🇸

Thanks for your post!

Patriot🇺🇸

Moved to this state for a job and retired here. It's a great place to live and play. Took this shot at Linville Gorge,  not too far from Linville Falls Federal campground, on the BRP. We like camping there late spring and early fall.

2022110720225874-4321856657100637434-L.j

• Like 4

2015 LE2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2023 at 7:56 AM, Mike and Carol said:

If an owner, Oliver employee, or even a prospective owner wants to post a general interest RV or camping article I don’t see any issue.

At first I, like most of the other owners above, I disapproved of the toy hauler post.  After I read your post, I had to change my perspective.

The article was posted in the Blog.  Not the How To, DYI, or other technical sections.  In my minds eye, the blog is for a wide variety of posts such as:

• Cooking tips
  • Camping recommendations
  • Driving routes
  • What are you reading, listening to or doing for the holidays
  • Alternative life styles
  • etc.

So, my angst is not with it being posted, or it being posted in the Blog. Heck, one day down the road one of my kiddo's may be thinking of buying a toy hauler and I may just check back and search the blog for the topic.

I just wish I could figure out how to stop notifications from the blog category (Only) when I don't have the time to enjoy the content of that resource. 

GJ

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

wish I could figure out how to stop notifications from the blog category (Only) when I don't have the time to enjoy the content of that resource. 

You could just subscribe to/follow individual forums that you do wish to follow, and not the others. And change your notification settings in "account."

I think that would do it. 

Or, do as I do. Mostly ignore anything that comes up in "blogs." 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.