2024 model year minor changes..

Galway Girl

9 minutes ago, Patriot said:

I learned the 2024’s will not have touch lights they will have lights that use an on off switch to operate the light per OTT service.

I hope they are close to the same size as the touch lights.  As our touch lights fail, I would love to replace them with switch-operated lights.

• Like 6

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

When I was there in August for AC and battery upgrade, they were working on a DC-DC charging solution option. Tried to convince them to prototype it on my rig, but didn’t bite, as expected. 

• Like 4

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators
On 11/6/2023 at 11:01 AM, Rivernerd said:

I hope they are close to the same size as the touch lights.  As our touch lights fail, I would love to replace them with switch-operated lights.

Our older (#12 Hull here) have separately switched lights, but not as many as the new trailers.

I personally dislike touch lights. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

16 hours ago, Ralph Mawyer said:

they were working on a DC-DC charging solution option

FYI:  It's actually a fairly straight forward DIY option.  Took longer to run the cables from the TV engine compartment to the hitch area than actually mounting/wiring the DC-DC Charger in the OTT.  

Some owners prefer mounting the charger in the TV for more user options - such as offering roadside assistance to others when not towing Ollie.

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

1 hour ago, MAX Burner said:

Some owners prefer mounting the charger in the TV for more user options - such as offering roadside assistance to others when not towing Ollie.

I apologize in advance for this thread highjack response.

I prefer the option you and I utilized for our DC-DC system; i.e having full #4, or larger in your case) size cables for both + & - cables with the 175 amp Anderson Plug.  It gives us an assured ground, and nearly the full 60 amps capability (Breaker Size at Battery) for a stronger battery assist.  Otherwise we would surely be limited to 30 amps or less.  

GJ

• Like 3

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

electric black tank valve

Very interesting Brian, do you maybe have a post with this mod (quick search but couldn't find anything), and why not the grey tank as well?

• Like 2

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

58 minutes ago, rich.dev said:

Very interesting Brian, do you maybe have a post with this mod (quick search but couldn't find anything), and why not the grey tank as well?

Rich,

I do not - actually, when I had this done it was because I had a leaky black tank valve since I picked up my trailer. No matter what they did to adjust the cable, it wouldn't work.  I asked the service department (Jason) if he would be willing to put an electric valve in when they were changing it out. He said they were actually looking into it and they would.  Turned out, there was something stuck (plastic) in the valve gate when they took it out. Looked like a manufacturer's defect.

I love the electric valve and asked about the gray tank as well. There is actually not enough room where the gray valve is to install the electric version and it is right on the other side of the handle so, there is not much chance of it stretching. So, I have one of each. Only trailer in the fleet configured like this.  It has never leaked since.

Cheers,

Brian

• Like 8

On 11/3/2023 at 6:06 PM, topgun2 said:

I had previously heard (and it was discussed here on the Forum) that the touch lights were not going to be present on the 2024 models.

However, I've not heard anything additional on this subject.

Same here. I ordered a complete replacement set of the touch lights. Due to some order confusion, I got a call from Ryder. He told me they were working on replacing the touch lights and that the replacements (each of which would have its own switch) would be slightly larger than the touch lights, so a retrofit might be possible without old holes needing to be patched. He also said it was not definite but likely. I canceled my order and am waiting until I go to the mother ship for my next service in April.

On 11/6/2023 at 10:50 AM, Patriot said:
On 11/2/2023 at 7:49 PM, John Dorrer said:

So they haven't gotten rid of the touch lights that have been problems. Two of ours have failed in the first 2 years.

I learned the 2024’s will not have touch lights they will have lights that use an on off switch to operate the light per OTT service.

Just curious John, where you got this info.

• Thanks 1

2021 Elite II Twin #850 "Mojo", 2020 F250 Lariat 7.3L FX4 3.55

16 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Does anyone know if they will be offering an electric black tank valve option for 2024?   Mine works great and I will never have to worry about cable stretch again.

Brian

IMG_0065.jpeg

Cool!!

In my recent Oct visit this was not mentioned in the conversations I had with Oliver Service. That said I have not had an issue with black tank or grey tank cable stretch in over 20,000 miles. 👍🏻🤞🏻

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

2 hours ago, Patriot said:

That said I have not had an issue with black tank or grey tank cable stretch in over 20,000 miles. 👍🏻🤞🏻

@Patriot You are fortunate, perhaps they used better cables when yours was built?  It wouldn't surprise me with all the cost-cutting measures we have seen lately, speaking generally and not towards OTT. 

I probably would have been ok just getting the standard valve replaced under warranty but decided to go the powered route just to ensure I get the function I want at the valve itself.

Hopefully, yours will last a very long time.

Cheers,

Brian

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Patriot said:

That said I have not had an issue with black tank or grey tank cable stretch in over 20,000 miles. 👍🏻🤞🏻

I haven’t heard of any issues with the cables stretching.  Sometimes it will slip at the valve if the set screw isn’t tight.  I had to make that adjustment once.  Also, I remove and clean/lubricate the black and gray cable every 2 or 3 years.  It’s easy to do and it makes the dump process smoother.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

24 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

I haven’t heard of any issues with the cables stretching.

Mike - I should have said slipping instead of stretching but the two terms were used when I was dealing with service. If it wasn't for the three trips to OTT and me trying to adjust it several times I probably would have just had the valve changed.  It was getting really old every time I went to get the hose out of the bumper and it was full of sewage and when the fluids drain from your black tank, it leaves a mess that can be difficult to keep clean. 

BL

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

It was getting really old every time I went to get the hose out of the bumper and it was full of sewage and when the fluids drain from your black tank, it leaves a mess that can be difficult to keep clean. 

Brian, that can be a mess!  It’s happened to me a few times.  If we’re going to be moving after a dump we now make it a practice to physically push the gate down to ensure we won’t have leakage again.  Your arrangement sounds like the way to go.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderator+
18 hours ago, MobileJoy said:

...I ordered a complete replacement set of the touch lights. Due to some order confusion, I got a call from Ryder. He told me they were working on replacing the touch lights and that the replacements (each of which would have its own switch)...

It is about time. When the Outlaw Oliver was being built in 2013, I specified that each light should have its own switch. If they do this, I can add it to my long list of our original ideas that have now become either standards or options.

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thought I’d post a few pictures of the new bathroom door.

I like the door, it is an improvement over past versions. It appears to be made of a composite material, as opposed to the closet and pantry doors.

Smooth glossy finish on both interior and exterior sides. From the inside of the bathroom, it is translucent as you can see light around the perimeter of the mirror. nothing major. There is a drip “rail“ at the bottom of the door to prevent leakage, as well as a rubber gasket around the perimeter.

My only concern is the latch. You must give it a firm push / pull in order for the latch to click fully closed. This may stress the handle over time.

overall I like it. Time and closing technique will tell.

Mark

IMG_3763.jpeg

IMG_3751.jpeg

IMG_3752.jpeg

IMG_3753.jpeg

IMG_3754.jpeg

IMG_3750.jpeg

• Thanks 5
  • Like 4

FLGAINKYNCOHPASCTNVAWVmed.jpg

Mark & Claudia

“Mr. Douglas” 2024 LE ll twin, hull # 1457, Truma AC & WH, Platinum solar, Natures Head

2024 Ford f250 Lariat Ultimate 7.3L gasser / 3.75, FX4

• Moderators

Nice looking latch!

I can hear the negative comments now about the fact that the mirror is not over the full door!😉

Did anyone say that this new door is being produced "in house"?  It appears that the color and finish matches well to the rest of the fiberglass.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

6 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Nice looking latch!

I can hear the negative comments now about the fact that the mirror is not over the full door!😉

Did anyone say that this new door is being produced "in house"?  It appears that the color and finish matches well to the rest of the fiberglass.

Bill

Yes, I posted after our Oct 20 visit that Oliver is producing this door in house. A much stronger door/mirro combo with less flex and a much more secure latching system. I hope it will be a retro fit!

As always nice work Oliver!! 

Onward!

Patriot🇺🇸

• Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

Will be heading to the mother on Feb 5th for warranty service. I will definitely be enquiring as to the retro fit possibilities. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

As noted earlier no more touch lights. With that said, I spoke to Mike about replacing all of mine with the new light and toggle switch. The new lights are larger. They would have to move the lights and do fiberglass repairs, making the job expensive. We bought some different touch lights that also have a night light, and Oliver will be installing those over sink and stove when we have our service work done next month.

1000001683.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

On 8/23/2023 at 8:46 PM, Galway Girl said:

Just passing along:

Heard back from Rodney Lomax, Sales Manager at factory about a few minor changes to 2024 model year:

No big changes as many happened last year.

1) Delete both street side water ports from side of trailer  Simplify down to just 2 ports for water. ( These side mounted ports get lots of grime and road abuse. Moving to rear should help.)

2) Move current street side fresh tank fill to left side of rear bumper. (Like the current boondocking port on right (curb) side.)

3) Change right rear boondocking port valves so it is both the regular pressurized input line….and a boondocking port.   (In 2024 Only 2 ports for water on rear of trailer)

4) Rework body moulds  to remove the inset used for upper fridge vent. New fridges don’t need that vent. The trailer will then be streamlined all the way to the door on the upper hull.

5) The exterior solar port will no longer be standard but will be a dealer option for customers that wish to have it.

(Note: Several owners added their own solar ports in the past.)

6) There is a possibility of a bathroom door change but that is still in the R & D phase and may not pan out.

I can verify all of these changes.  In addition to these, the touch lights have been replaced with switchable ones.  

Ollielights.thumb.jpg.730e7c5cc057b1fea8960a4b25458128.jpg

The bathroom door:

OliverBathroomdoor.thumb.jpg.15e58cd70abf006d864877a0385f1337.jpg

And the side where the fridge vent used to be:

IMG_3203.thumb.jpg.711fb6f784bceb317870252a0db05f52.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Like 5

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

On 10/31/2023 at 11:35 AM, rich.dev said:

I don't see the 2-5/16” Bulldog Coupler or Andersen No-Sway Hitch System as an option on the 2024 build sheet!

They offered it to me when I showed up, but it was too expensive.

On 11/3/2023 at 11:15 AM, Mike and Carol said:

So the new doors are held closed by magnets?  The little latch is gone?  I put in a magnet to hold the door open.  Mike

Mine still has the latch and I haven't noticed the magnets.  It doesn't catch or vibrate.  The large stainless piano hinge goes from the top to the bottom guaranteeing a long life, and the mirror is full length.  Funny thing though, when the light is on in the bathroom and it is dark in the trailer, the door glows around the mirror.  Like a halo, or an opening into the multiverse.  Don't want to go into that one unannounced though.  

• Haha 3

We were just at Oliver (New Years in Nashville)!

They also changed the rear exit window to a single pane. It really is a positive change for us. With the big clear, open space without screens or any obstructions it “brings the outside in”. 

• Like 1

ALCOGALANMNCTNTXmed.jpg
Doug & Jill - Wilson WY

Ozzie and Ruby - 2 Havanese characters

“Hull #1491” ‘24 LEII

’23 F-250 RapidRed KR 7.3 Godzilla

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Doug S said:

They also changed the rear exit window to a single pane.

Can you give us a bit more detail on this?

Can this window be opened?  By "single pane" do you mean that it is a single pane of glass and not an insulated double pane of glass?  Or, do you mean that the "single pane" does not have a slider opening?  Or, something else?  Would you have a picture of it?

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"