Jack points

Greetings folks, I've yet been able to find exactly the jack points on my eliteII. Could someone please attach a photo of where I need to jack up my Oliver properly? I'm getting close to needing new tires and so I want to jack up the trailer and take my tires off and take them to a tire shop for remounting.

Thank you!

Greetings folks, I’ve yet been able to find exactly the jack points on my eliteII. Could someone please attach a photo of where I need to jack up my Oliver properly? I’m getting close to needing new tires and so I want to jack up the trailer and take my tires off and take them to a tire shop for remounting.

Thank you!

This is a picture of my 2017 EII. The outside aluminum frame member in bolted to a galvanized steel channel. You want to place your jack under the steel channel, never under the aluminum. The have been some pictures of the 2019 or 2020 trailers and they have a sticker pointing to the jack points, but

I can’t find them now.

EDIT:  The picture of the jack point stickers is in the September 2019 newsletter.

D346270E-94F7-4B75-BFE1-3E53AD8B39B9.thumb.jpeg.530121e92e3effa8dabac3fd03f74476.jpeg

E18F5CDF-7CC0-433C-9A5C-29E6B63482DD.thumb.jpeg.902ba9d1e61b84bcfb21ca0341989b8c.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL   LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

I believe you may have better success with jacking the frame up behind the wheels rather than in front. My experience with using the front position is that it also lifts the front jack off the ground, particularly if you're trying to lift only the rear tire. This could turn into a disaster if the trailer decided to pivot on the opposite side tires. "But they're chocked", you say.  Still taking a chance in my opinion.  "Keep it hooked to the tow", now you're trying to lift the truck too.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and the dogs: Reacher, Lucy and Rocky plus our beloved Storm and Maggie (both waiting at the Rainbow Bridge) 2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0026 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, HULL NUMBER: 0050 2017 Silverado High Country 2500HD Diesel 4x4 

ALAKAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA       ABBCMBNSYTsm.jpg

Excellent points Steve! It was not my intention to suggest that the only place to jack up the trailer to change a tire was from in front of the front tire. I just couldn’t get a clear picture of the rear jacking point on my trailer. That was also the reason I referenced the newsletter as it has a better description than I provided. But here are 2 pictures copied from the newsletter showing the jack points for OTT's 2017 and newer.

Mike

C9D19200-60D1-41FD-BC06-F2F712EFA8A2.png.f1428c72dd97005b1f1bbfdecf57542c.png

0B536BA1-8427-4225-9E22-0FA46066D706.png.f607034ce94ec8d7d4319c3d12c9333e.png

• Thanks 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL   LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

I have to agree with Steve on not using the front jack points.  If you were to lift with those, and the front jack also lifted, then the trailer could easily twist off the jack even if the other wheels chocked.  While it's always possible that Oliver didn't think it through when they marked the forward points, my suspicion is that those are valid, but only to be used when the trailer is to be lifted with a 4-point lift in a garage or placed on jack stands.  Perhaps Oliver makes that distinction in the newer manuals?  Seems like they should.

I'd think that a better label for those front points would be "Secondary Lift Point" or something similar.

• Thanks 1

Snowball • 256 • 2018 Ford Raptor

Sorry for the late reply. For some reason I kept having trouble opening the thread. I think I'll just play it safe and just raise one side at a time when I change out the tires. I just needed to ensure exactly the jack points.

You guys rock!

tHank you!

George

• 3 months later...

I hitch Ollie to my truck and set the TV parking brake.......and pocket the keys!  At least I know if my jacking skills fail me, it's not going to go very ....far other than down.

Tug:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Trailer Tow, FX-4, 4X4, Rear Locker

ALAZARCACOIDKSKYLAMSNENVNMNCOKORTNTXUTVA