Oliver Dealer Now Active

ScubaRx

• Moderator+

I just got off the phone with Oliver. I have confirmed that the first dealer is on board and now has the ability to start selling the Oliver Travel Trailers. They have two locations in Georgia. There are more dealers in the pipeline that will be located in other parts of the country.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderator+

Why the sad face @John E Davies?

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

6 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Why the sad face @John E Davies?

I think it is a really bad long term policy. I probably would never have bought “Mouse” if the sale were processed through a stick and staple dealer. It is a moot point for me anyway.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderator+
On 12/2/2023 at 12:10 AM, John E Davies said:

I think it is a really bad long term policy. I probably would never have bought “Mouse” if the sale were processed through a stick and staple dealer. It is a moot point for me anyway.

John Davies

Spokane WA

You're correct, it is a moot point now. So please don't continue to rain down doom and gloom on the rest of us that are still owners. There are still lots of folks that love their Oliver's and many more wishing they could own one. Oliver is working through the same issues that many industries are, but at least they have a long term plan in place that is well thought out, has been years in the making and will succeed. Nobody is being forced to buy from a dealer as opposed to going to Hohenwald. I believe you've mentioned many times about your dissatisfaction of being so far from the factory. These new dealership relations will solve some of those problems. I have an extremely long (fifteen+ years) and close relationship with Oliver trailers as well as the Oliver Family and I can say with confidence that so far, their past business decisions haven't failed them and neither will this one.

• Thanks 5
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

You're correct, it is a moot point now. So please don't continue to rain down doom and gloom on the rest of us that are still owners. There are still lots of folks that love their Oliver's and many more wishing they could own one. Oliver is working through the same issues that many industries are, but at least they have a long term plan in place that is well thought out, has been years in the making and will succeed. Nobody is being forced to buy from a dealer as opposed to going to Hohenwald. I believe you've mentioned many times about your dissatisfaction of being so far from the factory. These new dealership relations will solve some of those problems. I have an extremely long (fifteen+ years) and close relationship with Oliver trailers as well as the Oliver Family and I can say with confidence that so far, their past business decisions haven't failed them and neither will this one.

Very well stated @ScubaRx on all levels and I agree 💯

Patriot🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Like 7

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HDRider said:

I would have thought the first dealer would have been more than 300 miles from Hohenwald

They are working with a number of dealers around the nation, the timeline for each will be different.  

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

3 hours ago, HDRider said:

I would have thought the first dealer would have been more than 300 miles from Hohenwald

I am encouraged by the report that the Georgia dealer is listing the trailers for the same price Oliver is still selling them in Hohenwald.  Perhaps, unlike sales of "stick and staple" trailers and most cars and trucks, Oliver dealers will not play the "jack up the asking price, then squeeze the buyer for every last nickel of extra profit" game.

Time will tell.

• Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

10 hours ago, John E Davies said:

I think it is a really bad long term policy. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

I agree.

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.

D and I've been talking about this move for some time now.  OTT, as a business, does well in their strategic planning, IMO.  The move to incorporate selected dealerships appears to be a timely move, considering the current market.  

Although it was very cool to explain to our SOB RV friends that one needs to buy an Oliver direct from the factory because of the dearth of dealerships, this will now change.  No biggie.  The Airstream dealership model is similar in our experience.  For example, our friends recently had undergone extensive hail damage to their new rig - the local dealer had to refer them back to the Airstream factory because several adjacent panels needed R&R; a job local dealers aren't equipped for.

I suspect the OTT dealership model would be similar and the choice to head back to TN for such repairs will always be the owner's.

FWIW: we look forward to a full-service dealership (OTT-trained and qualified techs) that's a much shorter run than the 1,200-mile trek from our home to Hohenwald.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

12 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

You're correct, it is a moot point now. So please don't continue to rain down doom and gloom on the rest of us that are still owners.

You are the one who brought it up by asking me why, publicly. I just clicked that sad button. Anyone here can have an opinion and nobody should try to silence or put down dissenters who don’t toe the line…. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

I'm rather excited about it, actually.  

One of their locations (if it's the dealer referenced by @Ollie-Haus a few days ago) is SEVEN and a half hours closer to me than Hohenwald,  and I go past it often on the way to North Carolina, and just about anywhere else i go in the north.... And, they have stellar service reviews. (And decent hotels, and restaurants, and an interesting microbrewery nearby.)

I really can't imagine Oliver going into this program without careful selection and deliberation. They have almost two decades invested in establishing themselves as the premiere molded fiberglass trailer. I, too, was very perplexed and questioned the whole concept at first, but if it expands the network of quality, trained service, it certainly has some merit. @John E Davies, everyone is absolutely entitled to their opinions. 

Let's see how it plays out. 

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

12 hours ago, HDRider said:

I was surprised too how close it was.  We're in Oregon.  I suppose they have to start somewhere.  I wonder how they will be priced at the dealer versus at Hohenwald.

John

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

8 hours ago, Gliddenwoods said:
  18 hours ago, John E Davies said:

I think it is a really bad long term policy. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

I think their plan will have hurdles, but I think it is a logical and necessary step for OTT to be able to maintain their new customer base.  Service and sales locations located closer to home will be advantages especially for younger owners and those that may not be as skilled in the DYI and maintenance of our complex machines.  Especially the newer trailers with their interconnected electronic systems.  The hand writing is on the wall that the need for service depots dispersed across the country becomes increasingly necessary as we are de-graying of the fleet owners.

For some firms, the logical business next steps are what worry this owner: 

• Likely down side for existing owners is that the next step could be to reduce their Service Team. 
  • That would over time impact our access to the Service Team's tremendous amount of institutional knowledge that Jason and his staff have garnered
  • Doing so will reduce the feedback loop that they provide to the firm in general.  Just one aspect of this is the warranty and service info requests likely will have to be routed through the "local" dealers.  Feedback filters generally are not real productive..  

I am an OTT fan for sure, and I pray that the OTT Management Team is taking some of the above in mind and is working to mitigate them as they move down this path.  Based upon my paltry 6 years of relationship with many of the OTT staff, it is my bet that they are. 

My reason is that they are exceptionally bright and truly care about this company and our trailers.  They also know that the forum is one of the higher ranking reasons that they see new owners walking in their front door.  We may be a PITA at times, but our love of their product shows in just about 95% of the posts.  How many times have we seen a new owner comment about us?  Proof is in the pudding and I think it will work out. 

GJ

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators
Just now, John Welte said:

I wonder how they will be priced at the dealer versus at Hohenwald

Priced the same - a customer will be able to purchase the camper at either place at the same price.  Or, the customer can order the camper at the dealer and take delivery at Hohenwald (or vice versa) at the same price.  Yes, this means that Oliver will pick up the tab of getting that ordered Oliver to the dealer where the customer picks it up.  

At least this is the present plan that came from the "horse's mouth".

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Lest we not forget -

The travel trailer "arm" of the organization is just about the smallest in the overall company.  Oliver has many years of experience with a number of products (like their walk-in bath tubs) in both the consumer/retail and industrial sides of the business world.

I believe that they know much more about their products and the associated marketing of those products than I ever will.  Yes, even the best plans just don't work out, but, from what I know about the company they will do whatever it takes to get the job done and done right.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 9

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

18 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Priced the same - a customer will be able to purchase the camper at either place at the same price.  Or, the customer can order the camper at the dealer and take delivery at Hohenwald (or vice versa) at the same price.  Yes, this means that Oliver will pick up the tab of getting that ordered Oliver to the dealer where the customer picks it up.  

Bill:

Since you and Mr. Ed converse on a regular basis, will the Dealers have an OE2 and maybe an OE at their places of business so that prospective owners can actually see one in person without having to trek to the Mother Ship?

GJ

• Haha 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

Since you and Mr. Ed converse on a regular basis, will the Dealers have an OE2 and maybe an OE at their places of business so that prospective owners can actually see one in person without having to trek to the Mother Ship?

"A horse is a horse of course, of course"

I wouldn't exactly say on a "regular basis".  Certainly there are members here that have a much bigger "inside straight" than I do.

But, to answer your question, yes, that is part of the plan.  Prospective owners will also be encouraged to actually visit Hohenwald for a plant tour and can arrange to pick up their new Ollie at either the Mothership or at the dealer with no difference in price on the unit they purchase.

Bill

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/2/2023 at 9:23 AM, MAX Burner said:

“… The Airstream dealership model is similar in our experience.  For example, our friends recently had undergone extensive hail damage to their new rig - the local dealer had to refer them back to the Airstream factory because several adjacent panels needed R&R; a job local dealers aren't equipped for.”

Your above statement is part of what concerns me.  I started looking for trailers about a year and a half ago as I’m getting closer to retirement.  I first started looking at Airstreams and joined many forums and Facebook groups. I quickly gathered all the problems they have, and the horror stories from trying to get them serviced at their local dealerships.  That began my journey to look for something more boutique and reliable, and led me to Oliver.   I do not own an Oliver yet however, I have gone to Honewald and looked at them in person, and really was impressed!

Although I would love to see Oliver grow, there is concern that they’ll lose quality and consistency as they start to try to meet demands.   I truly hope that’s not the case and it remains to be an exceptional travel trailer, service and company!  I still have about a year left before I actually need to purchase so, I will have some time to evaluate before a purchase something.

• Like 3

I've said this before in another post... but at the risk of repeating myself again...

Oliver is not a "club" or like most of us, a bunch of retired people who have already accumulated enough wealth to sit back and be philosophical about how we would do it.   It's a business that has several hundred employees who come in everyday to the Oliver factory trying to earn enough money to get to the place most of us owners enjoy right now.   Warranty work (every dime of it) is anything that fails or wasn't done right the first time... it costs the factory money and is a cash drain.   Service work could and probably is somewhat profitable and self sustaining part of the Oliver business, but the real cash cow that the owners and every employee counts on (remember they have their own life dreams too) depends on selling new Olivers.    With hull numbers around the 1500 mark they have likely picked the low hanging fruit.   Now they need to dig deeper into the existing marketplace to fulfill the burden and obligation to pay for tools, equipment, buildings, benefits, healthcare, wages and everything else that those several hundred people working there are depending on so they can make their house payments, buy groceries and maybe even someday own and Oliver and travel around the country seeing and doing everything we all are doing right now.   Growing the business by selling new product doesn't mean forgetting the customers that have already purchased Olivers, rather it is doing both in a way that is fulfills everyones goals.    It's not easy. Sometimes feels like a balancing act.  There will be the occasional mistake... but I'm counting on the Oliver management to provide that "North Star" to keep the companies core moving in the right direction.   We were just recently in the extreme north west and several times had conversations with folks who might have been prospective buyers... they just rolled their eyes when I said you could only buy and pick them up at the factory in Tennessee.   All of us need to remember that if we want an experienced service team that is equally invested in our Oliver the factory where they are built needs to survive and grow.   Otherwise, "who ya gonna call"?

• Thanks 4
  • Like 10

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

The pandemic drove a lot of new folks to camping and the industry benefitted tremendously and all companies/dealers saw a great increase in sales from that. I know I had to wait almost 9 months on my Oliver Hull 1182. I have seen the wait times talked about from order to pickup on here decrease suggesting that demand has also fallen off some. Once I understood the dealers and service center roles in this I became very comfortable. I see Oliver removing a lot of obstacles that may be keeping potential buyers from pulling the trigger.  The ability to touch and feel a new model close to you and also the ability for service closer to you. 

I also think that it will help with marketing and getting the word out about Oliver. We initially visited local dealers, went to the big RV show in Hersey and looked at everything they had there. I saw where Oliver took a couple models to Hersey this year to display and talk with folks. I also have seen where Oliver has taken trailers to many of these types events and others to make sure people are aware of Oliver Travel Trailers. 

In the beginning we were looking at airstreams and I was on their forums as well as others trying to learn what I could when I found Oliver. I visited this site, read these forums, joined and learned a lot over a couple year period. I have seen others on here talk about similar experiences leading to them purchasing their Oliver and I am not sure that is the best marketing model for Oliver to have.

After a couple years of reading, learning, trying to decide what would work best for us we decided on a whim to go visit Oliver and take the factory tour - about 8-9 hrs drive for us, we scheduled a tour. We had a morning tour and showed up at the office a few minutes early and we saw the new models on the showroom floor. We were invited to go take a look and we did. We feel in love that morning. We took the tour and it only re-enforced what we knew we wanted to do. When we got back I tried my best to have Oliver let me hook up and go but no luck, lol. Best I could get from them that day was a production date so we settled for that, lol.

I see all this as a good sign that Oliver sees a bright future and are still willing to invest in that future. Think about what our reaction would be to news coming to us about Oliver getting out  of the travel trailer business. As an owner who hopes to enjoy "Discovery" for many years I have no issues with Oliver and what they are doing with this current business model. We have nothing but good things to say about our Oliver and interactions with the wonderful people that work there. We have really enjoyed our experiences camping and meeting some of you - hope to meet more soon. 

Stay Safe

• Thanks 2
  • Like 10

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

• Moderator+
3 hours ago, JWalmsley said:

👀

image.png.f36593342e093321da7fb4bc53356d1d.png

Top Secret Eating GIF

More details to come....

So stand by everyone, it looks like this is about to get a little more interesting.
  • Like 4

That map pin in MA looks to be on Rt. 91. above Springfield That could make it either Camping World, or an independant dealer, Orchard Trailers.

Jeff Simone and Katie Thibodeau

2021 Oliver Elite II Hull # 802

Tow Vehicle; 2018 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Crew Cab 6.0 Liter Vortec

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, StillGame said:

That could make it either Camping World

I doubt - very seriously - that it is Camping World.

Bill

• Like 5
  • Haha 1